Should it take only an hour?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

NyseriA

Car
C63 AMG
Had a slight issue with servicing :crazy:

Bouht the car last December and had a 2 year service plan included. It's just ticked over 46k and is due a service (10 plate) but they'd not added the plan to the system so had a bit of a chat and they agreed to add it on but do the service at their garage rather than the other one on the other side of town.

They said it'll take an hour or so. They didn't elaborate on the phone what this service requires, but I believe it's the bigger of the two and includes spark plugs etc.

Is an hour a reasonable time? It would seem so, but don't want to have corners cut because they're stumping up for the bill :dk:

The Services alternate between A Service and B Service.

A Service will take around one hour.

It involves an engine oil and filter change, plus some checks.

B Service will take longer, the oil and filter change is the same but there are more Checks.

As your car is a 2010, it would have probably had so far:

2011 - A Service
2012 - B Service
2013 - A Service

So it would now be due:

2014 - B Service

Also, your car would have needed the following additional itens:

2012 - Brake fluid change, cabin filter change

2014 - Brake fluid change, cabin filter change, fuel filter change, spark plugs change.

And, if your car is automatic, it will also have needed the ATF changed at 37,500-40,000 miles.

I would be very suspect if they carried out a B service in around an hour!
MB of Wakefield had mine for over 4 hours, that was engine oil, trans oil and LSD oil change + MOT and warranty check over.
If I had wanted I could have sat and watched him through the glass screen just to make sure!

Turns out, as indicated by the ever so helpful dashboard reminder, that the A service was due and it's all been done as above.

Always worth making sure though! Thanks! :D

Turns out, as indicated by the ever so helpful dashboard reminder, that the A service was due and it's all been done as above.

Always worth making sure though! Thanks! :D

Hmmm...you can look up the work required yourself, although to be sure, you'd need to know what's been done at past services: Mercedes-Benz ESS

On the face of it, it should have needed a B service, although that can get messed up with a strange pattern of use. However it surely should have had the spark plugs changed, and that's a significant job on your car.

Yes, it's had the plugs all changed and they provided a printout of the service history.

Thanks for the link; having a browse through now :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom