Should Kelly Holmes get some public award?

Give Kelly an award

• Yes

Votes: 6 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 6 50.0%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

R2D2

MB Enthusiast
Car
C350
Should Kelly get to be a Dame or get an OBE etc for doing so well afterall Seb Coe did and David Beckham has?

R2D2 said:
Should Kelly get to be a Dame or get an OBE etc for doing so well afterall Seb Coe did and David Beckham has?

Your obsessed with female runners mate, good and bad. :eek: :eek:

No not obsessed! Ive really enjoyed the Olympics and have really got into it. Matthew Pincent will definately get an award so I wondered if Kelly should. Shame none of our track and Field men really stood out from the mens 4 x 100 relay:(

I think that they have got their rewards as in Gold Medals. It would seem to me that anyone who does something gets a reward. Take Mark Thatcher, where did he get his knigthood from?. I can get lost in London, never mind the Sahara, but am not asking for any reward. So its a no from me.

yes I wondered about Mark Thatcher as well. Funny old world isnt it;)

If she brings her technique of running to F1,
i.e. she deliberately qualifies badly to get to the back of the grid,
and stays at the back until the final lap executing her favourite move up the field to number 1 position
- then she should get any award she desires! ;)

uumode said:
If she brings her technique of running to F1,
i.e. she deliberately qualifies badly to get to the back of the grid,
and stays at the back until the final lap executing her favourite move up the field to number 1 position
- then she should get any award she desires! ;)

That would be brill wouldn't it. Mind you anything is better than that boring fin winning!

R2D2 said:
yes I wondered about Mark Thatcher as well. Funny old world isnt it;)

I believe Mark Thatcher got his from his father who was given an hereditary peerage. That's as good a reason as I can think of for doing away with them.

As for Kelly Holmes, I'm with Ian, the gold medal and the financial rewards that will follow should be enough.

I would prefer to see the Olympic committee do something for the poor male marathon runner that got attacked while leading!

Here, Here. They cant let him lose Gold because of a Looney.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom