Should parktronic beep?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Inutopia

Car
2007 CLK 200K Sport Auto
Hi there,

I just bought a 2007 facelift CLK. The parktronic system seems to work (the little screens light up as objects get closer) but it doesn't make a sound. Is this normal?

I did test drive another CLK that I didn't end up buying, and it was the same.

Thanks for any help you can provide :)

Cheers,

my 2008 CLS only beeps when it gets to the final red light and the 2 red lights (then you normally hit something) other than that the yellow lights dont give beeps as you get closer, only the red

my 2008 CLS only beeps when it gets to the final red light and the 2 red lights (then you normally hit something) other than that the yellow lights dont give beeps as you get closer, only the red

Thanks for the SUPER quick reply :)

I've not actually taken delivery of the car yet, so I didnt want to go too close to anything while it still wasn't mine! How close are you to stuff when it starts beeping? And is yours the same as mine ie. a little screen in the front and one in the rear too?

Awesome car by the way, I always wanted a CLS ever since my boss got one when they first came out. :)

The distances are given in the handbook, but I believe they are:

Front centre 100cm, Front corners 60cm, Rear centre 120cm Rear corners 80 cm. These are the max range i.e. first yellow led.

Min distances , ie 2 red leds plus warning beep are Front and Rear centre 20cm, Front and Rear corners 15cm.

Thes figures are taken from the US online handbook, as mine is tucked away at the moment, but they seem to be the same ones that my 2006 facelift CLK displays.

By the way there are warnings in the handbook about obstructions at heights above or below the level of the sensors and I recall one poster on this forum complaining about hitting a barrier at a different height to his sensors.

Yup as above you should get beep-beep-beep on the first red then a constant beep at the second.

These the best of the old fashioned lights and beeping sensors type and actually allow you to park accurately and relatively close to obstacles.

They only make a noise when you are really close and the lights let you see where the obstacles are, much better than the incessant beeping you get with other manufacturers which just go constant when you're still a metre away!

Thanks all, I'm confident that they are working correctly now :)

I'm picking it up on Thursday hopefully, really excited!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom