Should Paula Radcliffe run tonight?

Should Paula run in tonights 10,000 metres

• Yes

Votes: 9 75.0%
  • No

Votes: 3 25.0%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

R2D2

MB Enthusiast
Car
C350
Two choices Yes or No!

She needs to do it or duck out of the sport for good IMO.

I really don't see the fuss about this person.

She's a really great athlete, but she caved in on the big race. It happens to the best of athletes, why is everyone so amazed and excited about it happening to her?

Britain is way too harsh on public figures in the press. So happy if they win, and really keen to destroy them if they don't.

scotth_uk said:
Britain is way too harsh on public figures in the press. So happy if they win, and really keen to destroy them if they don't.

I agree, take someone beckham or Owen, if they score they are heros if they dont then theyve lost it!!

Re Paula, I think only she knows. I guess its the Olympics and it only happens every 4 years so she feels its now or never. Lets hope she doesnt come 4th like last time and also at the world championships where she also finished 4th.

I dont agree, Its supposed to be a sport. She had only 3 miles to go, she could have finished if she wanted to but because she wasnt winning, she quit.

Imagine you are playing a game with someone, whether it is Golf, Monopoly or whatever it may be. You start to get a little lead on your opponents and they down tools and bugger off without any apology, leaving you to finish the round/hand/game by yourself.

Thats not what I call sportsmanlike and definately not in the spirit of the games.

Did she quit or was she just exhausted? Will we ever know.

Doesn't matter whether she quit or couldn't go any further due to the conditions - all that happened was that she didn't make it.

The tears she shed and tv attention she got was unbelievable. Tim Henman doesn't cry like a baby all over tv when he doesn't win. He takes it on the chin, like every sportsperson should.

scotth_uk said:
Tim Henman doesn't cry like a baby all over tv when he doesn't win.

Just as well really :D
(Sorry Tim, we love ya really!)

I couldn't give a toss.

Paula bloody Ratcliffe - here was me thinking MbClub would be a safe haven from this tiresome woman.

Cheers Greg!

Sorry m8!

R2D2 said:
Did she quit or was she just exhausted? Will we ever know.
I think Paula is pregnant, so we will know in 8 1/2 months.

Doctors say that there is nothing wrong with Paula. That's still true.
There is nothing WRONG in being pregnant.

does anyone think like me
paula ratcliffe dropped to fourth place,knowing she was outclassed and couldnt make the medals instead of trying her best and finishing she threw the towel in and went for the british symperthaly vote,cried and the public think she's a hero.i just hope my tax's didnt pay towards her free holiday in the sun

tax

baz thats two people we know (mention no names but lives very close) who have free holidays on our TAX

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom