should the olympics be pimped?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I doubt any large company would be dishonest enough to promise something and then renege on said promise, that would shatter the trust their customers may have had.

I'd never use that company ever again if they did that, it's not the type of company that I'd want to do business with.

This threads getting on nicely. ECP, V6 and 7g plus the ****ing Olympics. I don't know where to start before this gets nuked

That was yesterdays win against the The Man, I had no doubt they would not be true to their word, does not the thought of fast food and sugar laden drinks makers sponsoring athletics not sicken you?
YES
images

The whole world has become a sick marketing joke but let's not forget what the games are about and how it's brings the human planet together.

Wars oil religion fake celebs banks tax man rubbish laws immigration can all be forgotten for a few weeks while we back our boys and girls.

As for state spending I don't mind as these white elephants can become great places like the dome for example.

That was yesterdays win against the The Man, I had no doubt they would not be true to their word, does not the thought of fast food and sugar laden drinks makers sponsoring athletics not sicken you?

Actually MacDonalds sickens me full stop but I get your point exactly. :thumb:

The first re-incarnation of the Olympic torch relay --- gives you pause for thought?

http://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/atta...5d1335181520-should-olympics-pimped-torch.jpg

I had to suffer this on Friday...well I didn't as I couldn't be bothered to go outside and scream like a Girl.

The cost must be enormous, loads and loads of Police (including Hele for a couple of hours), Ambulance, Fire, all sorts of officials, coaches, specially made olympic busses (I kid you not), Seb Coe and various other officials.

...and lots of BMW and MINI being thrashed around.

To cap it all, it was just a dry run, it's all going to happen again...

Looks like I need to keep washing my hair for a bit longer...

There are occasions where tax payers money, and I dread to think what this is costing, is clearly being wasted. I think this might be one of them.

We should have nuked em 30 years ago....

What annoys me most about this fiasco labelled "the olympic games" is the manner which the most beautiful park in London has been ravaged and torn apart. The fact that much plant life and trees have been either permanently destroyed or hacked to within an inch of its life in the name of "sport". Greenwich park is a jewel within London and its been ruined for many years to come. I am sickened an appalled by what has been done. Nothing can justify what has happened here.
I hope somebody, some day will be held accountable for all this.

BBC News - London 2012: Testing Greenwich Park's Olympic venue

I thought it was a strange decision to base it in London at all.

Why put it in one of the most congested Cities on the planet? Bonkers.

Hm, Mr 4-5 weeks all expenses paid IOC official....which city(where there is a good chance you have friends or relatives) would you like to spend the games in 5 star luxury being feted, wined and dined. Yes, why on earth would they want someone else to pick up the tab as they visit cheap old London:rolleyes:

I don't get why such a lovely area such as Greenwich park has been sacrificed to watch butch women stoned on steriods chuck some heavy metal things around.

The Summer Olympic games are always held at either the Capital, or major city in the host Country.

The games are awarded to a City, not as country. Who cares about the haters...Greenwich Park will recover...get over it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom