Show Plates

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

addbuyer

SUPPORTER
Car
Panamera Turbo S
Does anyone know where I can get a set of show plates made?

The company I've used a few times in the past are saying that since March no company can sell doctored plates i.e. spacing and slightly bent numbers etc
:dk:

Why are we being sucked dry of all fun and individuality.... wheres the sheep dip :wallbash:

Have you looked on eBay?

I've had plates with amended spacing quite recently... we are painting our garden shed to look like a VW camper and I had no problem ordering VW 55HED for about £7 including postage.

I'm sure that you are already quite aware - from your use of the phrase "show plates" - of the regulations regarding displaying correct plates on the public highway... no doubt others will be along to expand on this particular point...

Why are we being sucked dry of all fun and individuality.... wheres the sheep dip :wallbash:

Each reg plate is already unique, how much more individual can you get?

Meldrew2 said:
.. we are painting our garden shed to look like a VW camper ...

ttiuwp!!!

The rules are there to save you from yourself.

Last edited:
Will it have a split screen gable end or bay window?:)

Barn door model I hope

The problem I see with showplates is that no matter how much they re-space, how much they bend the letters, or how many extra fastening screws they use..... I can still only read the C**K from it!

The problem I see with showplates is that no matter how much they re-space, how much they bend the letters, or how many extra fastening screws they use..... I can still only read the C**K from it!

Thats the problem, so many are bent or spaced to the extreme that you do only read C**K. Some like mine just need a small tweak. You know when its right when you have offers in excess of ten times what you paid for it more than 12 years ago :D

Well some of the plates are all messed up,I never used to have a personal number plate until I bought mine from DVLA for very little money with a slightly bigger space between the first letter and the rest of the number I have my intial and the whole of my surname,of course you have to have a proper set for the MOT,the police are not that interested,biggest danger is when you are parked where food is sold the police do like their lunch and have sometimes shown interest but a extra cup of coffee and they move on to more important things.

Well some of the plates are all messed up,I never used to have a personal number plate until I bought mine from DVLA for very little money with a slightly bigger space between the first letter and the rest of the number I have my intial and the whole of my surname,of course you have to have a proper set for the MOT,the police are not that interested,biggest danger is when you are parked where food is sold the police do like their lunch and have sometimes shown interest but a extra cup of coffee and they move on to more important things.

Lol you are so right. Mine is my surname and its a slight space alteration with a letter and a number. I have been pulled 3 times, once on the motorway when a ticket was issued and twice in the petrol station when the police have pulled up next to me to fill up and said your plates illegal, get it changed :rolleyes:

It was a bit sh1t being pulled on the motorway though. They made me get in the back of their car which annoyed me so i said what does the plate spell out to you. They confirmed it said my surname so i said exactly, so im hardly going to drive like a pr1ck with a plate thats so easily memorable to anyone who wants to report me.

ANPR systems will not be denied.

Obey, mortal.

Lol you are so right. Mine is my surname and its a slight space alteration with a letter and a number. I have been pulled 3 times, once on the motorway when a ticket was issued and twice in the petrol station when the police have pulled up next to me to fill up and said your plates illegal, get it changed :rolleyes:

It was a bit sh1t being pulled on the motorway though. They made me get in the back of their car which annoyed me so i said what does the plate spell out to you. They confirmed it said my surname so i said exactly, so im hardly going to drive like a pr1ck with a plate thats so easily memorable to anyone who wants to report me.

That is probably why they booked you. I have always found humble contrition best way to ameliorate a pull by the rozzers.

ANPR systems will not be denied.

Obey, mortal.

I think that having the correct spacings is a myth. My plate, miss spaced, was picked up by Ken Livingstone's cameras and the Severn Bridge speeding cameras

That is probably why they booked you. I have always found humble contrition best way to ameliorate a pull by the rozzers.

Definitely, I didn't ask how good the plate looks until they were writing out the ticket, and neither did I pass comment about how low specked their Volvo was compared to mine until I was getting out..... Childish I know, hay I was paying for it

I thought you wanted show plates to put on the car for car shows etc. I have never understood the need to mess with plates for on the highway. As someone alluded to above the first reaction from most drivers is "what a dingbat"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom