Show us your pets...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I know this feeling, Dave our Cocker will be 10 in July, he is my first dog and effectively the closest thing I have to a son.

He has terminal cancer and as long as he's happy he keeps going, but when he's no longer happy I have to take him to the vet and say goodbye. I'm not sure how I'm going to deal with that yet.

Had to do this twice with my beautiful old Siberians. As a family we could not be without dogs, so off we went to the rescue center. We could never replace the two that went and nor would we want to. We just have two more and they are different dogs with their own personalities and quirks. But they filled that void then and still do now. I realised very quickly that my days would not be the same with no dog to walk and talk to. Having always thought I could never have another, I found I just had to. I also looked at the rescue as being something my old pair would have liked. So in a funny way they live on through Mischa & Loki. They would have approved, as they were both rescued by us. We often joke that with my own visit to mortality that my wife could go to the husband rescue and pick up an abandoned husband.

No hurt is intended in this message. It is just how we dealt with it.

Oh and my old boys? Well, they were cremated and their ashes scattered around their favourite huge old oak tree in the local woods.

Edited again: I just realised I had a tear in my eyes as I finished typing this. But its a tear that I can now smile at.

Last edited:
Got some pictures of our latest two Collie pups (aged 10 weeks now) this afternoon.

Kit:

Pink:

My Giant Schnauzer having a WTF moment: coming to terms with newly arrived German Wire Haired pointer puppy!

Attachments

• PB070081.jpg
    PB070081.jpg
    232.6 KB · Views: 56
Our German Shepherd Rika enjoying the sofa she's not allowed on

Attachments

• image-2963065020.jpg
    image-2963065020.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 39
Milo isn't allowed on the sofa either.

IMG-20111002-00023_zpsfkzzs98b.jpg

Our Chinese Shar-Pei...Sandee....when a few months old and recently.....I told my wife to take her back and get a coat that fits.... :D
SatMar06194541GMT2010.jpg

SANDEE-1.jpg

Milo isn't allowed on the sofa either.

Shocking behavior :D

Our lot are allowed in the lounge in the evening and we typically have 4 or 5 of them sprawled on the sofa with us, plus the 2 pups trying to drag cushions etc. away to kill them. Never a dull moment :)

Mind you it's a lot easier now than when we had all 8 of the pups in the litter still living with us!

Last edited:
Juliano.jpg

This is Juliano - not my pick - rescued after owner died - picking him up tomorrow

^ Sean. What a great thing to do. I hope that you and Juliano have many fun times ahead.

No names as such ... My fish , or rather my ex fish.

When our little one came along , there was no time to look after them as they needed ( marines are a lot of work ) so I passed them on to a fellow fish keeper.

Last edited:
brucemillar said:
^ Sean. What a great thing to do. I hope that you and Juliano have many fun times ahead.

Thanks Bruce - resisted having a dog for years, finally relented. I'm looking forward to long walks with him

My 2 border collies brother and sister now 6 years old

Attachments

• image-2260794892.jpg
    image-2260794892.jpg
    110.9 KB · Views: 26
My handsome Seth, stole from us late last year at only three year old by cancer, I still think about him everyday:

I miss him so much. :( :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom