Shuttleworth Collection Old Warden April/May 2011

Preferred date?

• Sunday 1 May - includes flying display

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Sunday 8 May - museum visit only

Votes: 1 33.3%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

corned

MB Enthusiast
Car
car
As mentioned here, anyone up for a GTG at Old Warden?

The first flying display of the year is 1 May. The weekend before that is Easter.

I suggest a choice of dates depending on whether you want flying included, or just a visit to the museum. As stated, 1 May is flying, and the weekend after that would not. Post your preference on the poll attached.

Costs are £25-30 on display days, £12 otherwise.

Site details here.

Edit: Just noticed that the weekend of 8 May is a model flying weekend!

Last edited:
I would prefer the 8th as I could do some flying at the same time (vintage & electric ... I fly the latter) :) But we are at a dog agility show that weekend :(

Not sure how a GTG would work on a display day - how would you organise parking?

When I was there last time there was both a TVR and Morgan GTG happening, plus vintage planes being flown. They simply cordoned off an area with cones. but failing that parking with the general riff-raff wouldn't be so bad.

Count me in. :thumb: No preference for date.

I've been meaning to get myself to Old Warden for some time. It's just down the road from me and I've never visited... :eek:

It's getting close now (1 May), but there has been very little interest.

I can't make a family trip out of it in case no one else turns up (the kids are away for the weekend) so if there are no confirmed takers I will regard this date as dead in the water.

I was thinking this one had gone a bit quiet, and I’d forgotten the 1st was one of the possible dates. Bit late for that now, and I’ve got to count myself out of the 8th anyway because I’m in Germany until the end of next week...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom