sick of X-Factor having the number 1 christmas hit?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
YouTube is full of RATM vs. X Factor stuff.

This one on Radio 5 Live is quite entertaining. Slow thinkers at the BBC were caught flat footed when the group, who say in the song:

I won't do what you tell me
**** YOU I WON'T DO WHAT YOU TELL ME!

didn't do what they were told.

YouTube - Rage Against the Machine on BBC Radio 5 live - Killing in the Name

I've never watched X Factor (banned it in our house as I believe it encourages stupidity & I can't stand Cowell, Walsh & Cole) but I'm pleasantly surprised at the vehemence of the hatred for the show & it's cast. I thought I was alone! If I see another magazine describing Cheryl Cole as a "national treasure" I will puke.

I was listening to radio 5 this morning when they performed the song. What could possibly go wrong :D:D:D

I think it would have been better if the chosen song was this one ......

[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/sFacWGBJ_cs&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/sFacWGBJ_cs&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

I only had go faster stripes on my Capris...Wish I had this X Factor stuff might have been even better....

I bought the RATM song. I hate Cowell and his blatant manipulation of the media/charts to line his own pockets.....He's the one that earns big from X Factor not the eventual winners...

I am sure the Cowell Marketting machine will shine through.

GO GEORDIE JOE!

:D :thumb:

Call me crazy :crazy:, but isn't the general idea that the best song/performance wins? :dk:

Just a thought..... :)

Call me crazy :crazy:, but isn't the general idea that the best song/performance wins? :dk:

Just a thought..... :)

Of course it is.

In other news, OJ and Stephen Gerrard were totally innocent, referees don't favour Manchester United and speed cameras are purely for safety's sake.

What ever happens Sony BMG will win as both artists are on that label.

Personally, i dont care too whoots who is No1. I havnt bothered with whats at what number in the charts since i was a teenager and even then i didnt really care who was at No1.

Only thing, for me, is that although it would be nice for something else other than xfactor to be No1 at xmas as it seems a given now, but i guess in 5 or so years when xfactor is dead things will return to normal, it would be really bad for Joe to miss No1 just down to some stupid online campaign. the person with the best song shoud go to No1... i bet half the people buying RATM wont even listen to it and I bet many are buying multiple copies of both singles.... all more money for SONY, nothing else!

I'd like a nice christmassy song to be No1 personally.....

Last edited:
At least it's kept that ageing 60's pop star from perpetually trying to get to No 1 with some pseudo religious song.

I love the bit in that about please don't use all the codes :)

How many forum members have used all four, thought 'sod RATM' and downloaded a couple of albums instead?

AND............. Rage ATM has won the Christmas no.1. They sold 500,000 copies to Joes 450,000.

A point well made :bannana:

One thing that strikes me as amusing - the facebook campaign 'action' group has nearly 1 million members (958,000 at the time of writing), yet the total number of sales for the RATM song was only half of that figure (circa 500,000?).

Bearing in mind that the hardcore fans would have bought more than one copy, and not all the sales would have been to members of the facebook group - just how many people in the group even bought a single copy?

I guess most people jumped on the bandwagon and the majority didn't buy a copy :eek:

Was never really worried about either of the two though tbh, but quite an interesting battle nonetheless.

Will

IMHO I think the whole thing is wrong on so many levels. Noted the other day that they were giving the thing away to make up the numbers. Which is the best song has nothing whatsover to do with it - again IMHO it is almost mob rule.

Can I say it once again - IMHO

RATM are now going to do a free concert - I do like the way they are giving proceeds to SHELTER.
Much better than S.C. (although still SONY label essentially)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom