Side skirts on w202 C43 AMG?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

noogieman

MB Enthusiast
Car
I Loewe Old Skool AMG
When I wash my car with my Kaercher high pressure water machine gun :bannana: does all the water drip out from under the side skirts after washing the car?
Are there any drain holes underneath both sideskirts on my car?

I always forget to remove all 4 jack caps when I wash my car to get rid of all the muck from gravel and sand.

Since I don't drive my car in winter, it sleeps in my garage during winter season, is there any possibility that my under carrieage could have gotten the dreaded cancer rot from my manual carwashes?

I haven't checked if I have any rust, I'm curious if any of you guys know about this if w202 is sensitive to rust near the sills even though I don't drive my car in winter?
Thanx

Last edited:
The only person who can answer whether you have rust or not is you. Check underneath, on my pre-facelift I checked near the jacking points and there were patches which had to be ground out. You dont need to remove the actual covers to do this, check underneath and if you feel the need to remove the sill covers to check then do this.

Take a look at this thread HERE

This is what I found after removing my skirts:

rusty1.jpg

Take a look at this thread HERE

This is what I found after removing my skirts:

rusty1.jpg

thanks for the info mate.

I don't drive my car during winter, should I expect such cancer rot on my sills if I only wash it with high pressure water?

I was wondering if all water drips off from the body underneath and doesn't hide in any hidden compartment inside the sideskirts?
looking on your pics, the rust must have come if the car was driven during winter seasons with lots of Yummy salt on the roads.

I guess I have to go down on my knees 'n' get dirty to check for possible rust.
I don't think I have any but I think it's better to be safe than sorry!

Get on your back and remove the nice fancy C43 plastic sill to see what's happening underneath. Then you may have a nice surprise :eek: when you see that the metal worms have had some dinner :D Seem they appreciate AMG's ;)

Get on your back and remove the nice fancy C43 plastic sill to see what's happening underneath. Then you may have a nice surprise :eek: when you see that the metal worms have had some dinner :D Seem they appreciate AMG's ;)

hey pops how ya doin?

I had my C43 undercoated in 2006 by Dinitrol, dude said I had no sheeeeeeeeet under the car, but the sills were still on, he cleaned the car underneath and sparayed it thick, coating is still there today.

removing the sideskirts is fairly easy. a good piece of mind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom