Side swiped on motorway

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Crazyjim

Car
C220 amg sport
Side swiped today by 3 German tourists in europcar hire car . Police attended said both cars drivable exchange details . That’s what’ insurance is for . Phoned europcars helpline they said sorry sir you will need 2 phone uss in morning Happy days

Not sure what else you were expecting to happen?

Anyway damage that I can see is rear quarter rear bumper and wheel . Should I let europcar fix it there leaflet says we can deal with any claim( including repairs 2 your vehicle and supply a replacement vehicle we will arrange settlement

Anyway damage that I can see is rear quarter rear bumper and wheel . Should I let europcar fix it there leaflet says we can deal with any claim( including repairs 2 your vehicle and supply a replacement vehicle we will arrange settlement

They probably wouldn't use a Mercedes approved bodyshop.

Have you reported this incident to your own insurer?

Phoned my insurance who said we will note it but will only get involved. If 3rd party refused liabilities

I work in bodyshop . So know a bit on what happened regarding assessment of repairs value ect that’s what worries me

Hope it doesn’t get written off iam gutted atm

Look at it differently.

It is just a car, no one was injured or worse and a car may be repaired or replaced easily.

If you are not at fault then you should not lose out financially.

I agree nobody was seriously injured my mum was sitting at side that was hit she doesn’t keep well and was at hospital after with damaged tissue 2 her shoulder but should be ok . Iam ok no pain apart from seeing the damage

I agree nobody was seriously injured my mum was sitting at side that was hit she doesn’t keep well and was at hospital after with damaged tissue 2 her shoulder but should be ok . Iam ok no pain apart from seeing the damage

I hope your mother has a swift and uneventful recovery, ensure all of this is documented for the claim. Good luck.

On the pluss side no airbags deployed. 3 witnesses . And now have the Freddy flint stone rear wheel

That’s not a damage only RTC. If your mother damaged her shoulder and went to Hospital that’s classed as an injury RTC and the Police need to take details. If she only discovered the injury afterwards it’s up to you if you report it. I’m thinking along the lines of if your mother has further issues with her shoulder and you need to claim damages for your mothers injuries from the insurance company. Backs up your claim if reported.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom