Side swiped on motorway

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Yes police were very usefull mr b . Told them they said that’s for insurance company 2 sort out

To be fair mr b . Police have 2 stay nuteral I take on your notes and agree fully with you

Would like it 2 go 2 Mercedes approved repairer . At least they work on them all the time

Remember, insist that your car is repaired at an approved Mercedes repairer to preserve the body warranty.

Don’t let them fob you off - that is the job of Mercedes !!!

Ltd agreed . My problem is don’t want it written off . It’s a 2013 w204 C220 . So how far do they go with repairs . Insurance assessors that come 2 my work write cars off very quickly with quarter damage

If you own it outright and they want to write it off, try and buy it back and repair it yourself.

For starters they assess the damage . Next stage is they price parts labour. And all cars overall value pre accident condition . Mileage ect . Then cars classed as premium which means repairer gets more per hour for repairs which all together can make car uneconomical repair. So fingers crossed all is well

I work in the refinishing side of the bodyshop . Which means I have an illnesses for spotting repairs. Which also means that unless I look at lots of cars that are used b4 I buy I usually spot previous repairs . Paint defects ect seriously it’s an illness’s . I’ve had people show me brand new cars and I have spotted repairs. In which 2 people had replacement cars . Because of this

You can't force the insurer to repair your car instead of writing it off.

Financially, writing off your car is considered full restitution.

If you don't want it written off then you can settle with the insurer on the highest amount they are willing to pay without writing the car off, then take the money and repair it yourself.

And also keep in mind that in write off scenario the insurer actually buys the damaged car off you at market value, so they get to sell it in an auction for cash. This is another reason why insurers will prefer to write off cars well before repair costa even come close to its market value.

Hope you get the car fixed but the main thing is you and your Mum are ok.

I got my Jaguar XF written off two years ago just weeks after getting all four doors replaced.
In my case two Police cars turned up and only after one of the officers viewed my dash cam they decided to charge the other driver with careless driving otherwise it was going to “knock for knock.

My only worry is apart from my elderly mother. As metal is just metal . Is them not accepting liability.. and a car reaching its repair value and being repaired . Is called contract repair . Which is the insurance company agreeing on the maximum repair bill they will pay and you . Getting it repaired yourself

Sorry to hear this, as said main thing is you are ok.

Good thing if you have witness details who can confirm you were not at fault.

Hope you can get onto the insurer today who can put you in another car till this is sorted.

You've confused me by the statement that your insurance are basically saying they aren't intereseted,
I thought that's why we have fully comp insurance.

Some years ago, even though the other sides insurance (agent of) said they would repair mine (but fannied about a bit) I rang my local MB dealership. They collected car and left a loan car with me. Returned my repaired car a few days later (and took theirs).

For me it only involved ringing them and giving insurance details, easy.

And also keep in mind that in write off scenario the insurer actually buys the damaged car off you at market value, so they get to sell it in an auction for cash. This is another reason why insurers will prefer to write off cars well before repair costa even come close to its market value.

Writing off a vehicle caps the costs - the responsibility to provide a replacement like for like hire car stops. So a fast decision to write off saves money if the repaiir time is likely to be more than a couple of days.

I ended up spending some time with a manager from one of the hire car companies while on a work trip a while back. Most of his time was spent dealing with replacement cars for insurers. And he said it was the most profitable part of the business. The implication was that even without accident management companies' inflating costs the insurers are still paying over the odds for cars.

Quick update . They have admitted full liability . And are supplying brand new C220 . In morning and have arranged collection of my own C220 . It is going 2 an approved Mercedes Benz repair centre . And will be notified by them as per repair . Happy days all was a pain free process and they couldn’t have been more helpful will update as and when thanks people

Side swiped today by 3 German tourists in europcar hire car . Police attended said both cars drivable exchange details . That’s what’ insurance is for . Phoned europcars helpline they said sorry sir you will need 2 phone uss in morning Happy days
Hope you didn't mention the war ....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom