Sidelight bulb help

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

reflexboy

MB Enthusiast
Car
E350 CDi Sport&SLK250CDi AMG Sport
Need a bit of advice guys-Where cars have xenons which are naturally ice white and have normal sidelight bulbs, the side lights look very yellowish in comparision and a bit naff. I have noticed on some newer E classes that the sidelight bulbs match the colour of the xenons and look really smart. Any idea which bulbs (Halfords) would have that effect? I don't want to buy the wrong ones and definately don't want the blue type bulbs as I do not dirve a Corsa!!:doh:

erm. sorry mate i do not know. I have 2 pairs on my car, a pair for number plate lights (looks like the new bmw rear plate lights) and a pair for my sidelights without any bulb failure warnings.

sorry :/

Will these activate the bulb failure warning?

they "probably" will - look out for ones specificaly listed as "won't show up on bulb failure warning" - there are some out there but then they have silly things like "not for use near headlamp" as they are plastic bodied :mad:

Just ask your local dealer parts department for the bulbs for a facelift W211 with Xenons. I did and they look great...

Thanks Bobby-Any idea of price?

I think they were about £5 for the pair.

The w5w bulbs used in the facelift E-Class certainly fit my W203. Part details as follows: N 000000 006370 and is a 12v 5 W fitment

Have used the hong kong phoey led versions before.
They are not bad. I still have a couple pairs although not tried in my e class yet.
Plastic bodied again though.
Not sure how well they would hold up. Although only 50p a pair so no great loss till one melts into the lamp housing lol

I think they were about £5 for the pair.

The w5w bulbs used in the facelift E-Class certainly fit my W203. Part details as follows: N 000000 006370 and is a 12v 5 W fitment

All done and looking good. Thanks :thumb:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom