Sidelight in 2004 CL

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rk100

Car
W215 CL65 AMG & W124 E500
Hi

Can anyone help please!

Does anyone know how to get the sidelight bulb out of a 2004 CL? i spent an hour at it with no luck and hands cut to bits- it didn't even budge

Should say in your manual, I think you need to rotate the holder 45 degrees and then pull.

Sorry I don't know for sure but I guess it's similar to the C Class in as much as the sidelight is just below the main beam bulb. I changed mine the other day and encountered the same battle scars trying to get the first one out.
I'll assume you've removed the outer cover.
I removed the main beam bulb but still couldn't see much, in the end I managed to get it out using a pair of long nosed pliers. It's just a plastic holder with a flat edge top and bottom (or at least on mine it was but they fit in any rotation) and had to feel, rather than see. It just pulls out, no need to twist. Sounds as though yours are as tight as mine were.
FYI The headlight bulb is released by turning the plastic holder a few degrees counter clockwise and the bulb just pulls out of the centre. Just the bulb, not the plastic holder. And of course don't handle the headlight bulb by the glass!

Don't know if this picture will help, hard to make out the actual holder.
IMG_0001_zps4b94a17e.jpg

Last edited:
CLs sidelights are in the 'inner' headlight, and not in the main one like a W203 IIRC

Yes, Below the headlight bulb in inner light on the C Class too. Outer ones are dipped beam/indicator, which had the option of either halogen or zenon, so the sidelight has to be in the inner one.

Last edited:
Thanks guys

The holder is as described by grumpyoldgit - a plastic holder with a flat edge top and bottom.

I will give it another go in the morning a see how it goes!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom