Sightings of 'unusual/rare' cars

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mike Walker

MB Enthusiast
Car
Mercedes W204 C220cdi Estate Ford Fiesta Mk 4
Driving down the A41 from Bicester to the M40 yesterday afternoon and saw a black BMW sports car behind me but not a Z3/Z4.

Thought I knew what it was but slowed at the roundabout and it passed me - F reg ZI.

Never seen one on the road before although saw one at a BMW event a few years ago :ban:

Anyone seen anything unusual lately?

One of these? :)

Last edited:
I saw a Delorean a couple of months ago (drove past me) whilst driving on the SL road run.... never seen one on the road before

Annoying story to that car - - it belonged to the Classic Car Club and I had it for a few weeks. When I returned it, the owner offered it to me to buy as I was very impressed with it. He was asking £12K!! Sadly I didn't buy it and I found out a few months later the guy who DID buy it sold it on for £23K!! Grrrrr!!! :D

I saw a Delorean a couple of months ago (drove past me) whilst driving on the SL road run.... never seen one on the road before

I saw one a few months back too, it was kitted out like the 'Back to the Future' car.....

I've seen quote a few interesting cars out and about over the years. A C-Type Jaguar (before the replicas became popular), a few XJ220s, an F40, a blower Bentley.

But the thing which left a lasting impression on me was late one night returning home along the M54 back to Telford, I saw a pair of headlamps approaching fast in my mirror. They were big and yellow. Then one of these bellowed past me at considerably more than the NSL:

lag_lm_1.jpg

It was not only the speed which made an impression. So did the size. They're huge. :)

Annoying story to that car - - it belonged to the Classic Car Club and I had it for a few weeks. When I returned it, the owner offered it to me to buy as I was very impressed with it. He was asking £12K!! Sadly I didn't buy it and I found out a few months later the guy who DID buy it sold it on for £23K!! Grrrrr!!! :D

Were doors an optional extra?

LOL!! They slid down into the sills.. :D

Not sure if it counts, but I saw a 1972 Ferrari Daytona on friday - driving into the place where I store my cars when I'm away! One of my 2 childhood dream cars! :)

That BMW has a strong look of a Fiat Barchetta.

Which came first though?

Z1! The one I had was an '89

Forgot to mention on the same journey yesterday also saw 2 Roll Royce Silver Shadow's in convoy on the M40 going south. Both had plaques on the front suggesting that they had been to some sort of GTG I assume?

Funny you should mention that, I saw my first one "in the flesh" on Saturday afternoon going through South London.

I saw one of these a few weeks back in a local village:

GiuliettaSS.jpg

Alfa Romeo Giulietta SS, for those who don't recognise it - a thing of beauty. RHD, as well, must be like r*ck*ng h*rse p**. I was in the Barchetta (another pretty Italian car, but nowhere near as rare) so I beeped and gave the bloke driving it the thumbs up and got a smile and wave in return. :)

Cheers,

Gaz

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom