1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Signature used car - RAC or Mobilo ?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by paulfoel, Sep 17, 2003.

1. paulfoel

paulfoel Hardcore MB Enthusiast

I'm confused...

Bought a Signature used Merc from a dealer a few months ago. Did'nt get much in the way of documentation at the time.

All I've had since is a document confirming that I'm covered by warranty. However, no handbook or anything to go with it?

Also, I'm sure at the time of the sale the dealer mentioned RAC? Have'nt seen anything about that either...

Although whats the point of RAC cover if Mobilo-life covers breakdowns for 20 years (or whatever) anyway ?

Confused is me !

2. sym

sym Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    W204 C220CDI Sport
    The MB Signature / used warranty is provided via RAC.

You get a letter a few weeks after buying, from RAC warranties, confirming it.

(I haven't had a warranty handbook detailing what's covered either, but I think its listed on the warranty form that was provided with the car).

Mobilo is seperate, and only valid if you continue to have your car serviced by MB (as is the used warranty !) - so if you use an independent, you will need seperate breakdown cover, after the first year.

S.