Signed delivery - just noticed damage, help!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jmc1984

Car
A35 AMG
Hi all,

new to the forum - received delivery of my brand new A35 on Wednesday (lease hire). Looking for some advice...

I signed the delivery forms after quick inspection of vehicle with the driver - happy with everything at the time and off he went. Got in the car tonight, took a seat in the back to see how much leg room there was, and noticed a tear in the artico leather seat to rear of front passenger side! (Should have been more thorough I know).

I’ve notified the leasing company and sent some pictures - will they sort this for me / liaise with MB dealership or am I screwed given I signed the delivery forms which stated no damage... hoping there is some sort of grace period that allows for any problems cropping up.

any advice or help would be greatly appreciated - absolutely love the car but this has taken the shine off somewhat 🙈

Thankyou 👍🏻

Given that you only had the car for two days, it is likely that they'll sort it out for you even though you signed the form accepting the car.

That said, it is obviously down to the particular dealer and finance provider, though in my experience they are usually reasonable about these things.

Awesome - thanks markjay, you have put my mind at rest, fingers crossed they will sort out. I’ll keep you updated 👍🏻

That’s what I’m hoping - was pouring rain and the driver just wanted to get back home!

If you cannot inspect something properly, for whatever reason, you should write that on the acceptance/delivery form.

I’d be surprised if the leasing company came back with a favourable result for you, they could quite easily say that how do they know that it’s not been done since delivery since you signed it off?

Not much use now I suppose but if I’m ever being rushed to sign for receipt of something I always mark “not checked” next to my signature, at least it gives me a bit of wiggle room to argue when things like this happen...

Will possibly hinge on the small print on the forms you signed? - which you have copies of?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom