Silly me

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bri

Car
2008 Mercedes E220 est Sold ! 2011 E350 est Sold ! 2018 E220 est Premium package
This may seem a stupid question but here goes, how do you turn off the raido off on my 2018 e class with command. Only just got the car and cant seem to turn it off when useing the sat nav and other funchions having to resort to turning the volume down, but there must be a way of turning it off unable to find any thing in the hand book. ? HELP:crazy:

This may seem a stupid question but here goes, how do you turn off the raido off on my 2018 e class with command. Only just got the car and cant seem to turn it off when useing the sat nav and other funchions having to resort to turning the volume down, but there must be a way of turning it off unable to find any thing in the hand book. ? HELP:crazy:
I don't think its a stupid question, on the SL I use the mute button on the steering wheel - but if there's a better way hopefully I'll find the answer here in a moment or two.

Last edited by a moderator:
On my CL with Comand, When the radio is on, if you press the radio button it goes off. (Where you select inputs) - give it a try.

Domt you just push down on the volume knob for a couple of seconds

Hi thanks for replies, ive tried pushing the raido button but no luck. Surely if you hold down the volume knob for a couple of seconds it just turns off the sound not the radio ? 🤔

If you press mute or adjust the volume while the radio is playing, it will mute or adjust the radio volume only.

If you press mute or adjust the volume while a navigation message is being read-out, it will mute or adjust the navigation messages volume only.

If you push the off button (centre of volume control) and then press the nav (square button) doesn't that work?

I'm guessing you just want the radio volume turned off in order not to disturb navigation announcements or otherwise distracting your driving. Why would you want to switch off the actual radio tuner, not for the sake of saving a few milliamp current.

Turning off the radio in this sense means muting the the radio and you already got several answers for that (plus a few answers to turn the complete "radio" off, meaning also turning the navigator off).

The confusion usually comes from the incorrect assumption of navigation announcements being muted when the radio volume is muted. On a Mercedes since who knows when, you can mute different audio sources independently. You can also mute the navi and leave the radio volume on if you wanted to. Again, this was already explained.

Now I wonder if your navigation volume is too low if you want to mute the radio. You can also adjust the audio volume independently for radio and navigation. You just need to do everything when the audio source in question is active. For navigation you do it when the navigation announcement is spoken (press the repeat last announcement button if needed).

Usually the radio volume is automatically reduced when navigation announcements are spoken. This is where different MB models behave a bit differently. Some have a specific setting for the radio volume during navi announcements. In any case you can tune the navi volume high enough to be clear even if the radio was playing simultaneously.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom