Silly Me!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Slartibartfast

SUPPORTER
Car
W221 S350L, R231 SL350, SL400
I was cleaning my car recently and was disappointed to see that the wheel centre caps had started to "corrode" - I'd only bought them about 6 months ago. I ordered a new set from ebay and when I was changing them over I noticed that there was a protective clear film on them, which I had omitted to remove originally - silly me! I think that the clear film was retaining some water and causing premature corrosion. Anyway, new ones now fitted (with protective film removed).

centre cap1.jpg
centre cap2.jpg

New ones fitted :)

centre cap.jpg

A bit of Autosol may bring your "corroded " ones back

I was cleaning my car recently and was disappointed to see that the wheel centre caps had started to "corrode" - I'd only bought them about 6 months ago. I ordered a new set from ebay and when I was changing them over I noticed that there was a protective clear film on them, which I had omitted to remove originally - silly me! I think that the clear film was retaining some water and causing premature corrosion. Anyway, new ones now fitted (with protective film removed).

Must be thick as I don't understand Killerhertz comment. I read it as he has bought a new set & fitted them. So he has an old "corroded" set

Must be thick as I don't understand Killerhertz comment. I read it as he has bought a new set & fitted them. So he has an old "corroded" set
You are correct.

I once watched ten minutes of a Pirates of the Caribbean film in Japanese before I twigged that the natives weren't speaking in their own language.:oops:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom