Silly question?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gareth

Car
MX-5 Recaro
Silly question? maybe, but I don't know the answer.

W211 E-Class, RWD or FWD?

Silly question? maybe, but I don't know the answer.

W211 E-Class, RWD or FWD?

I thought there could not be a silly question but I'm not sure any more. I mean you should have asked if it is a RWD, FWD or a 4WD car. :rolleyes:

Honestly, if you are an MB owner I would have expected you to know it is RWD if not 4WD.

I thought there could not be a silly question but I'm not sure any more. I mean you should have asked if it is a RWD, FWD or a 4WD car. :rolleyes:

Honestly, if you are an MB owner I would have expected you to know it is RWD if not 4WD.

Or even just peer under the rear bumper?

I thought there could not be a silly question but I'm not sure any more. I mean you should have asked if it is a RWD, FWD or a 4WD car. :rolleyes: Honestly, if you are an MB owner I would have expected you to know it is RWD if not 4WD.

Or even just peer under the rear bumper?

Not my fight, but I think you are both being a bit harsh. :crazy: I have an E-class and didn't know the answer. I could have looked under the rear bumper too, but would not have known what I was looking at. (That is what 124works are for :devil: )

However, I do know the correct cooking method and garnish for a number of classic dishes that you may have eaten in a restaurant. I would not have thought you silly if you had not known even if you had ordered it. Having/enjoying something does not neccesarily mean you personally know how it works/what exactly is in it? Horses for courses. :p

:) :) :)

P.S. Of course, you may in fact be trained chefs - but the principle remains :rolleyes: And I end up with egg-on-face. Trained chef, egg - geddit? :bannana:

Last edited:
We're only teasing (well, I am, can't speak for DB)

And you're absolutely right Mr G! :)

Well i knew it isn't 4WD as I didn't list that as an option, I suspected it was RWD but its nice to be sure, I'm sorry my 2 days of MB ownership (in my whole life) I should clearly know everything about the car.

Well i knew it isn't 4WD as I didn't list that as an option, I suspected it was RWD but its nice to be sure, I'm sorry my 2 days of MB ownership (in my whole life) I should clearly know everything about the car.

You dont know what you are buying? :rolleyes:

The adverts from BMW summed it all. :D

The driving characteristics of the car will give it away, wait to you hit a greasy roundabout and give it some throttle, or check how the tyres wear down (mine is wearing down its rears faster)-it is and feels RWD (so your more powerful one will be mega fun).

Don't worry about it. I've been around here ages, and I've progressed from silly questions, and I'm now able to do silly answers!! :D

Enjoy your new car - looks nice.

The last time I went to MB Cribbs Causeway (and it will be the last), a salesman told me the SLK was front wheel drive. With product knowledge like this, it's not surprising that someone new to MB may not know the layout of the car.

Personally, I never buy anything at all until I know as much as possible about it.

The only silly question is the one you don't ask!

Good Luck with the new car :)

I can assure you Renault dealers lack of knowledge of Renault cars is probably worse

Not my fight, but I think you are both being a bit harsh. :crazy:

The comment was supposed to be more of a joke, at least nothing serious. The part "there are no silly questions" was more serious.

My point was more that MB owners often are very proud about the the fact that the car is rear wheel driven (if not 4WD), a bit of that gets lost when people do not realise MB doesn't do the cheap way most brands do today.

Also the fact that one does not realise the car being RWD means it drives pretty neutral. It also tells one has never seriously pressed the pedal to the metal, a 280CDI would show which wheels spin in that case. Or perhaps someone who has never driven anything but very low power FWD cars hasn't noticed how FWD cars behave at any reasonable acceleration attempt.

Apologies anyway if I hurt someone's feelings.

front wheels should point the way --rear wheels should take em there- nuff said [ I drive a focus 5 days a week but thats not my fault ]

I've come from a 260bhp Renault Sport F1 Megane R26 (with LSD) the E280 is the first RWD I have ever owned, I've only driven it about 20 miles and only pushed it in a straight line so far.

I've come from a 260bhp Renault Sport F1 Megane R26 (with LSD) the E280 is the first RWD I have ever owned, I've only driven it about 20 miles and only pushed it in a straight line so far.

Thats a lot of power to go through the front wheels, you'll find the MB easier. RWD is so much better.

I've come from a 260bhp Renault Sport F1 Megane R26

What did you do to get it up from 230bhp? That's a fair leap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom