Silver E55.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
It's going to sound even better once that belt gets fitted and the blower spins up. :banana:

Nice one, one pointer is if you use #tags on instagram you will get more views eg #amg #e55 #mercedes

I used tags in the very beginning but the novelty quickly wore off on me. Many of the people are those who I know personally (or from forums) which is better than thousands that I don’t. So I’m not looking at expanding but rather retaining and entertaining those I’ve already got and then some.

Sounds impressive even at low revs.

Can't wait to hear and see it on full tilt.

Fantastic effort.

Thanks guys. As Dave said, this was a naturally aspirated run, albeit the very first one, with both belts off, very basic fuelling, ignition timing and many features of the ECU turned off. Barely enough to start the engine. A proper break-in session with an in depth map is scheduled for next week.

It's alright I guess for a half hearted attempt.

Genuinely though Alex, hat's off to you. Obviously possess an amazing skill set, either that or you are just possessed! :D

The gear knob turned out okay as well I think:

26562149079_343b0fc5d0_z_d.jpg

37623053824_903d13949c_z_d.jpg

38336754291_f024866f76_z_d.jpg
Even as someone who is always “OEM first”, that gearstick is ****ing brilliant Alex, the level of detail you’ve gone for is to be applauded pal and I can’t wait to see the result.

And best of all you’re doing all this work to the best AMG engine ever made!

Alex Great Work !!

New post up on Alex Instagram :D

Thanks. The car makes power, just not at top end. I’m going to upgrade the fuel lines, loop the system with return to the tank and fit a fuel regulator. Out of a few runs, the best one was 660hp and 683lbft at the wheels. 5.5k rpm limit. The temps at the beginning and end of the run changed 8C. This is peak torque so it will likely stay the same with the new fuelling system but the HP will rise as there’s another 1500-2000rpm to go. I’ll post some visual graphs later.

Not normally a fan of mods to cars but your work is brilliant here. Thanks for posting.

Just had a look through your Insta photos Alex and the car looks stunning; not only have you managed to make the gearstick look OEM those bonnet vents do too!

I’d love to see this in the flesh one day, it really is a great thing you’re doing here, even if you never attempt anything like it again this will certainly be a triumph!

Thanks for the comments.

Trying to keep it all looking fairly standard and low key was one of the main goals. The most significant changes aren't visible. With the bonnet shut it's just an old 211.

I didn't really care for the E63 front end either but it accommodates the intake, oil and compressor cooler better so I had to use it.

It's been fun and I picked up a few skills along the way which is useful. Never really done anything like that before so glad you like the result. :)

Thanks for the comments.

Trying to keep it all looking fairly standard and low key was one of the main goals. The most significant changes aren't visible. With the bonnet shut it's just an old 211.

I didn't really care for the E63 front end either but it accommodates the intake, oil and compressor cooler better so I had to use it.

It's been fun and I picked up a few skills along the way which is useful. Never really done anything like that before so glad you like the result. :)

Some real talent mate, best of luck with the project. Looking forward to seeing it complete ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom