SilverSaloon's Rover SD1 Vitesse 4.0 V8

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hi,
I bought an ex Police SD1 back in the mid to late eighties, it was a 1978 Manual (S Reg) 3500S IIRC, by god did it fly, it had been allegedly used by the force in its last years as a skid pan car, the car had a single big stand alone speedo (presumably the calibrated item) in the centre of the dashboard and the normal instrument cluster was minus the oem speedo.
It was generally falling to bits but surprisingly had very little rust, it had been bought at the auction by a friend of mine, who then sold it to me after the tax ran out for £50!.
Dunno what had been done to it but it would pull 150 (on speedo) but that of course was on a track.
I later bought an auto 3500SE in a light green with brown velour really liked that car got some pics of it somewhere, but it was slow in comparison to the manual.

I spotted this lurking in the corner down at the Haynes Motor Museum last week, one of only two ever made by Rover, would have been a real contended against the Volvo's of the same era but was shelved.

Picture063.jpg

I spotted this lurking in the corner down at the Haynes Motor Museum last week, one of only two ever made by Rover, would have been a real contended against the Volvo's of the same era but was shelved.

Picture063.jpg

If there is only two the other is at Gaydon Museum :).

Gaydonxmas2009007.jpg

One of these was used by the BL chairman as his own car in the 1970s

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rover_SD1

I always liked these cars , my father has a 2600 auto . I was gold colour ,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom