Silverstone F1

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

glojo

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
Car
S211 Sprinter 213CDI, & the new T-class
For those that cannot watch streaming video do NOT click this

It is the practicing for this week-end's Silverstone Grand Prix

It will also show tomorrow mornings

I do not believe this was unintentional. Honestly, I apologize for suggesting baseball had anything in common with cricket. Why do you persist in the persecution? :(

Attachments

• rights wrongly.jpg
    rights wrongly.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 84
I do not believe this was unintentional. Honestly, I apologize for suggesting baseball had anything in common with cricket. Why do you persist in the persecution? :(
Sorry about that, :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
The sound effects are brilliant. There is no commentary but the video footage and sound are amazing. Lots of audio between the pit crews and their cars. It makes better viewing than the dross that the usual ITV presenters come out with!
That'll teach you to come spying over here!! :devil: :devil: :D

John

Oh, well then. So long as I'm not missing anything good. Who'd want to listen to the hoary old rasp of some stupid racing engine whirring at crank speeds that'd make many electric motors blow apart. That wouldn't be fun. And those boring old grease monkeys and their endless nattering about twist this and turn that and, "You've broken the what?!?"

Nevermind. I'll be busy at work here on our Independence Day anyway. No wonder we left. At least we get your David Hobbs to talk to us for our grand four hours every fortnight.

Heavy rain at the moment. Will it be a dry race this afternoon?

I hope the number two McLaren wins but what about my mate Kimi?

regards
John

Now here's a strange thing: last Sunday, I was flying back to Heathrow from Geneva, and Kovalainen was on the same plane. As I was sitting almost next to him at the departure gate, on an impulse, I said to him "hope you enjoy Silverstone, I have a feeling you're going to do well". It was just a feeling. He's probably thinking ''who was that strange bloke at the airport?"
If I was a gambler, I should have put money on him getting pole. I notice Mark Webber has £200 on Kovalainen to win, at 28-1.

I notice Mark Webber has £200 on Kovalainen to win, at 28-1.
Are you sure? It seems polain wrong for any driver to bet on an event they are competing in ?

The weather appears to be improving, but I was thinking:rolleyes: :eek: :eek: I think at the very next race that is wet...... Raikkonen should swap qualifying places with Sutil. that would be both fair and just, but we are talking Ferrari and the FIA!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

John

Well done to Lewis...... nice starting manouver....and over one minute ahead of the next one.

Last edited:
What an exciting race.
Doesn't it just go to show that the cars have too much downforce and grip normally.

Halve the available grip and spray the tracks randomly with water and F1 could become really interesting again.

Maybe I'll take a bucket or two to spray liberally when it's at Donnington....

Are you sure? It seems plain wrong for any driver to bet on an event they are competing in ?

According to the BBC website:
Webber added that there would be some sort of consolation for him if he is pipped to victory by Kovalainen.
"I put £200 on Heikki at 23-1 so I'm in good shape," said the 31-year-old.

Great race, well done to Hamilton.

I finally got the re-broadcast yesterday morning. Absolutely loved it. I don't know if there's much motorsport better than F1 in the rain.
Now that his races are numbered, and seeing another segment on him on Inside Grand Prix, I was saddened to see Coulthard stuff it. He comes across as a gentleman from the old school.

Do you think there's much point in not allowing traction control?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom