Silverstone with GoldTrack

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JonMad

Car
W209 CLK55 AMG (stripped out) - gone :(
Awesome track evening last night. Hopefully some in car and front-of-bumper-view video to follow. And I shall have to look for some photos from Fresh Orange Photography who were there.

I got a slow puncture on a nail on one of my rear tyres so had to change back to the road tyres midway through the session. Shame as they'd turned into slicks basically and were very sticky indeed. At least the tyres were at the end of their life when this happened.

I've now got reasonable at left foot braking, both to slow the car down generally, to trail brake into corners and to try and keep the nose tucked in when going round them.

Loads of tasty metal there as well, including in teh afternoon literally about 20 Ferrari Californias. And I was on track with a 599, reg F1HGT

Bring on Goodwood!

Garmin trace! Of my first three runs before I learned the circuit and, relatively speaking, got my speed up. As you can see, the second time out the session was red flagged almost straight away. I wore my heart monitor that I use for running out of interest - looks like I was quite calm - no scary moments!

Silverstone track evening by jonmad_garmin at Garmin Connect - Details

Looks like you had fun. As a matter of interest, what were you doing to send your heart rate up to 120bpm whilst stationary with the red flag?....:D

lol Changing the rear tyres after a slow puncture in one of them :D

Photos!

No tyre smoking shots, sadly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom