Silvertone GP Trackday, May 6th.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Peter DLM

MB Enthusiast
Car
19 reg CLS 350d, 67 reg AMG GT R Caterham Levante
On bank holiday Monday just gone, I took part in a track day using the Silverstone GP circuit.

Of course, there was exotica everywhere seeing as it was a somewhat prestigious event. I counted 21 911 GT3s, an RS 4.0, a smattering of Ferraris, a load of GTRs and 5 Nobles.

Anyway, I've done over 100 motorbike trackdays but this is only my 2nd car track day. I hired a Caterham R400 for the day to use, I'm a bit of a Caterham fan y'see. I was a bit worried I'd be in everyone's way, but I soon learnt that the little R400 is a bit of a terrier.

The track is hard to learn, mainly because the fast right handers (Copse, Stowe and Abbey) all look the same, except one tightens up, and I'm never going fast enough around them as I can't remember which one is the slower.

Anyway, a couple of crappy vidoes for you, the first session and the last. The sessions in the middle were all lost, sadly. On pt 2 fast forward when I'm entering the pits, I'm picking up a fat passenger and go out again.

Anyway, I want a Caterham CSR now! 220hp in the R400 isn't quite enough, I need 260+

Silverstone GP May 6 R400 pt1 - YouTube

Silverstone GP May 6 R400 pt2 - YouTube

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom