Simon georgiou

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Simon georgiou

Car
S600
Hi all I am a retired motor technician from the era of points and condesors and not ecu's And sensors . I own a w221 s600 v12 2008 . I have only just purchased it and noticed that the ride is very hard on the suspension , feeling every bump on the road small or big , it acaully causes the car to jump . The system is abc hydraulic and there is no warning lights on the dash also no sagging and rodeo test does everything it should ,please could any one point me in the right direction as I love the car and don't want to be forced to get rid of it . Surely such a prestigious car should not drive this way!!!!

Having driven a 2010 S500 myself, I found the ride to be nowhere near as good as I expected.

OK, so my car has Airmatic, but the S500 didn't ride any better and in some cases, I felt more bumps than I would have done in mine.

I wish I could put it down to the wheels but they were 18s like mine... even though the profile was slightly bigger.

:dk:

You are limited somewhat by the size of wheels which will fit over the calipers on an S600 too.

Check with a different tyre pressure gauge, they may well be over-inflated.

That being said, your description maybe points to a suspension problem. Try to get a ride in another one of similar mileage and compare.

You could always check Auto trader for local cars and go for a "Test Drive"......

If yours is the only one with this problem, might be time for a new name in the logbook....never faild to cure faults in my experience...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom