Simple IPOD Connection

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tbogg1e

Car
2005 (55 plate) MERCEDES-BENZ CLK 220 CDi Elegance 2dr Tip Auto
Good day All,

Is there anyway i can connect an ipod to audio 20(W209 clk 2006)without buying the factory IPOD interface? e.g connecting the ipod wire to the back of the stereo and the ipod wire connector passed to the glove box(where the ipod will be). I have loads of playlist on my ipod so i'm not worried about changing tracks, i also dont need to use the wheel to control the ipod and finally i dont need the track list to be displayed on the screen or on the dash board. Just need a simple connection and sound output through the speakers

Thanks for the quick reply

"On the W203 C Class for chassis number A907502 (14th March 2006) and before, part of the wiring is already there, and there is an intermediate connector (white) that the AUX lead part number A210 440 50 05 is used (which is the same as the older COMAND 2.0 cable).From Chassis number A097503 part number A203 440 18 08 is used - which I believe connects to the back of the COMAND-APS directly like the A/B/ML/GL/R class vehicles.The same is true on the CLK, but I do not know when the change-over was - I expect it was around the same ime"

So i'm guessing part number for CLK W209 is A203 440 18 08

Yes should be if your car was built after 14th March 2006. Easy way to check is remove the headunit and see if there is an empty bit on the quadlock connector. Headunit removal guide on the mercupgrades site.

Thanks alot :thumb: Will order the parts

Just checked online and i can see my car was built before March 14 2006 (55 plate = September 2005 to February 2006)
will the same part number work?

Is A210 440 50 05 the correct parts i need?

Thanks Again

If you don't have a handsfree kit, installing a Parrot Bluetooth kit will also offer iPod connection.

I've got the Visee0 MB-2 handsfree

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom