Simple one. Fuel hose W210 OM606

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mhuk

Car
w124 300td
Hi,

Does anyone know how to remove the clear pipes so I can replace the O rights? It looks like a white plastic tab to be pulled but before I snap any off I would like to check.

OM606 3 litre turbo. Getting air in the tube :-(

Cheers

Martin

1235126_10154069730615258_2378438877735663928_n.jpg

The fuel thermostat, thats what you have circled, is kniwn to be problematic, and is often bypassed. Push clip in, as already said, then pull upwards. The pre filter is also known to leak, get new o rings for this too.

Hi,

OK Thank you guys, I changed the O rights on those clear pipes! I ended up removing the inlet and OMG it was evil putting it back on because the EGR valve clamp. I could not see it and could only get to it from under the car with arms/hands right up and hurting.

Now it's been driving for 2 days the air is back! You must be right about the pre filter as I stupidly removed it to check for gunk!

BTW. Should my fuel cap hiss air when I unscrew it? I wonder if I am making a vaccum inside the tank and it's valve is broken?

I have already removed the tank strainer and cleaned it. It was not very dirty.

Cheers

Martin

Have you got performance issues then? Just because there is visible air in the clear pipes doesn't necessarily mean there is a problem?

It will not start. I can see a lot of air in the pipe number 2

I suspect the pre filter is letting air in. Total pain as the car is sat on the road now. :-( Performance wise it did seems a little slower.

Hi,

OK Thank you guys, I changed the O rights on those clear pipes! I ended up removing the inlet and OMG it was evil putting it back on because the EGR valve clamp. I could not see it and could only get to it from under the car with arms/hands right up and hurting.

Now it's been driving for 2 days the air is back! You must be right about the pre filter as I stupidly removed it to check for gunk!

BTW. Should my fuel cap hiss air when I unscrew it? I wonder if I am making a vaccum inside the tank and it's valve is broken?

I have already removed the tank strainer and cleaned it. It was not very dirty.

Cheers

Martin
strange my fuel cap hisses as well when i remove it ??

Iirc theres two o rings on the prefilter. One on the filter itself, about 20mm diameter, and one on the push in pipe bit about 10mm. Change them. You dont need to remove the manifold. Consider cutting off the last cm or two of the black plastic pipe where it joins the metal pipes on the bulkhead, sort of where the passenger right foot is. Known leak point.

Hi Guydewdney,

Not sure which plastic pipes you are taking about on bulk head. I have a w210 with om606. Looks like this...

images.jpg

I replaced the two O rings you speak of. I now get no bubbles going into the fuel line.
I should say right now that I broke off a clip. Look at the top picture and where it says (1) and too the right where fuel comes from fuel tank.

Now I am connection direct to number (1) on the fuel filter header using some clear hose and no bubbles coming in or in any of the lines but if I switch the engine off all the fuel drains back too the tank using the inlet side (from tank) and down the clear hoses (around the lift pump ect) to the fuel return.

What would cause that? Air being sucked in when engine off yet no air when running?

Starting the car afterwards is really hard! The fuel drains back after about 60secs or if I clamp the fuel in (from tank) it's about 5mins.

Car again stuck on ramps :-( Totally screwed up seeing my daughter this week.

Many thanks for the help so far.

O rings

whilst manifold is off best replacing all the O rings on the clear pipes and prefilter etc and check black rubber hoses feed and return and clips hissing when you release tank cap try running it with cap loose, any hissing will mean lift pump is working hard to draw fuel making it more likely to draw air from other places

when youve replaced checked all O rings fire car up with manifold off and see if bubbles have gone if not where do they start from ie which clear pipe do they appear in first gives you a heads up as to where to start looking also make sure theres a good amount of fuel i the tank aswell as low fuel can give rise to small bubble stream in fuel lines anyway

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom