Simple question from a newbie

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ron

Car
E 300 TD Estate
I am now a proud owner of my first Mercedes-Benz........It is a 1998 E 300 Turbo Diesel Estate.

My question is:- What "W" variant is it ?

W210 (or probably T210, being an estate!!)

Welcome to the forum !

sym.

Hi Ron,

Welcome to the board.. :)

Congratulations on your Merc :bannana:

We've got one too, had it from new, and its a great car. Hope yours is just as reliable :)

Thanks for the welcome guys.

Hopefully will be boring the backside off you all with more 'stupid' questions !!

There is no such thing as a stupid question, only stupid answers...(from me anyway). The rest of the guys on here seem quite normal.

Originally posted by GDC200
...people who clean their exhaust pipe with a dremel, wash their alloys every day, Zymol their car every week...
...are comfortable doing this to their car every few months:
comand1.jpg

;)

NORMAL:confused: what normal as in people who clean their exhaust pipe with a dremel, wash their alloys every day, Zymol their car every week. ;) ;) ;) .....oh right that kind of normal!!:bannana:

My exhaust pipe including rear box shine in the sun like chrome :):D

Welcome dude. That car will last you forever if you look after it.

Are you on prozac Shude? I would have a panic attack if someone did that to my C220 CDi lol

I think it must be customary when you visit Steve (MBenzNL).

Subject to certain criteria, H M Customs and Excise will do this for you at any port:D :D :D
comand1.jpg

Originally posted by Shude
comand1.jpg

;)

Crikey - I hope you catch the b*st*rds who did that!!

And all that just to find where the yellow wire goes to.....

Last edited:
Shude, seeing this photo reminds me. I,ve got a creak coming from where the left hand of the centre of the dashboard meets the tunnel which is missing in your photo. How do I tighten it up without doing what youve done?

1. Remove your chrome gear surround (by hand)
  2. Remove the window swith panel by pulling it up from the coin/holder side
  3. Remove the electical connectors underneath this panel by pulling them carefully
  4. Remove the coin tray by pulling up
  5. push the tunnel down while tightening the 2 phillips screws that secure the ash tray and tunnel together (you will see them under the coin tray u previously pulled out)
    [/list=1]

I had the same creak !!

(My ash-tray screws were loose as well - nice & tight now!)

Now ...... who's going to tell me how to get the annoying rattle out of my glovebox lid then ? And the creak out of my Cruise Control arm (only when accelerating) , and the vibrating sunvisors, and an odd rattle coming from the passenger seatbelt area which I cannot find to save my life !!

S.

you done have to be mad to come here but it helps, see what Shude did, does and is going to do.

Originally posted by sym
I had the same creak !!

Now ...... who's going to tell me how to get the annoying rattle out of my glovebox lid then ? S.

usually it's just a case of adjusting the screws which hold the catch retaining plate in place and taking up any free play it's a bit of trial and error, getting the balance between a nice snug fit with no rattles and a lid that doesn't actually close without you having to lean on it :)

Andy

Originally posted by Shude

comand1.jpg

This image reminded me of something . I was caught out the other day..., after starting a relatively simple task of draining a float bowl on one of my bikes, I managed to drop a small bolt into the deepest recess somewhere beneath the carbs.

With arms greased in a scene not dissimilar to one from a James Herriot series I still could not extrapolate the bolt until I got to this stage……….(scroll down)

Over 5 hours work in the end to strip the bike, retrieve the missing bolt and then reassemble.

image001.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom