Simply Mercedes, Beaulieu: 21st August 2022

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Not long now, anyone else?

daveenty
AMGeed
Wearsthefoxthat
Mattk1
MikeInWimbledon (poss)
MissyD
vijilants
Willy100
PaulG
sjmaxwell

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

daveenty
AMGeed
Wearsthefoxthat
Mattk1
MikeInWimbledon (poss)
MissyD
vijilants
Willy100
PaulG
sjmaxwell
Borys

I'm not a great lover of The Beaulieu Motor Museum especially in August but recognise it makes for a convenient meeting venue & there's lots to see & do for families, so enjoy. Not wanting to be stuck there most of a day & then cope with home-bound seaside holiday traffic I'll attend the Wake-Up meet within the courtyard & immediate environs of Wilton House near Salisbury. A long breakfast meet really but it's all so civilised with the accent on quality & variety. Free entry, food at sensible prices on site or in a dear little cafe in Wilton itself. The 21st August theme is ‘GALLIC GIANTS’ BEST OF BRITISH, FRENCH & GERMAN SPORTSCARS. Living in West Sussex I can route inland via Winchester & Stockbridge to enjoy some to the best driving roads in the south. A dawn belt across Salisbury Plain is what dreams are made of.

I thought it was classic cars and bikes on the 21st.
The A272 will be nice early morning drive for you.
Iconic sports cars there on the 18th Sept iirc.. might be an interesting morning for some on here..

I'm not a great lover of The Beaulieu Motor Museum especially in August but recognise it makes for a convenient meeting venue & there's lots to see & do for families, so enjoy. Not wanting to be stuck there most of a day & then cope with home-bound seaside holiday traffic I'll attend the Wake-Up meet within the courtyard & immediate environs of Wilton House near Salisbury. A long breakfast meet really but it's all so civilised with the accent on quality & variety. Free entry, food at sensible prices on site or in a dear little cafe in Wilton itself. The 21st August theme is ‘GALLIC GIANTS’ BEST OF BRITISH, FRENCH & GERMAN SPORTSCARS. Living in West Sussex I can route inland via Winchester & Stockbridge to enjoy some to the best driving roads in the south. A dawn belt across Salisbury Plain is what dreams are made of.
Wilton is a lovely place to visit and the chance to see some amazing cars sounds an ideal day out, enjoy

Anyone else?

daveenty
AMGeed
Wearsthefoxthat
Mattk1
MikeInWimbledon (poss)
MissyD
vijilants
Willy100
PaulG
sjmaxwell
Borys

A bit too far for me, my uncle is going with his SLK (part of the SLK club). Looks like it will be a good event, if I was visting him I'd probably be going with him.

Might be up for this; does it matter what Mercedes is driven? Not like ours is a classic, but it's well cared for and polished up. Been meaning to have a trip to Beaulieu for a while now so would be a good excuse: Is the £15 per person as it'll be two of us coming?
Don't think it matters on the Mercedes that is being driven :) I am also in the same boat taking down my C220 thats very well cared for! ;)

Bump.

Regrets, seems I can't get there after all....

Weather seems perfect: dry and warm.

I've updated the list - do add your names to hide my departure.....

daveenty
AMGeed
Wearsthefoxthat
Mattk1
MissyD
vijilants
Willy100
PaulG
sjmaxwell
Borys
MatthewUK

Some uf us meeting up at Clacket lane services at 07.56

Great day out and it was good to see some of you ramble down there too 👍🏼
Awesome display of cars.
Glad I made the trip down.
Pretty long drive but worth it.
Great venue.
Didn’t even get to see it all - there was a lot to see and do.

Another trip down there is definitely on the cards.

Lovely day at Beaulieu today, weather was kind to us and great chatting with everyone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom