Since fixing my death rattle

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sp!ke

Administrator
Car
SL500 & The Fart Car
I was feeling a lot better about the old girl so decided to give her a jolly good clean which I hadn't done in ages as I'd pretty much lost interest.

She still looks perty don't she? :bannana:

Attachments

• cleaned.jpg
    cleaned.jpg
    119.4 KB · Views: 171
Nice color spike, I like a dark color gives it the macho, solid and reliable look, dark colors also scrub up well no matter how old, I had a A4 avant in midnight blue ( I think that what it was called) I never washed it (treated it like a company vehicle should be treated) when it was due to go back - 3 years or 100,000 miles I had it valeted at my local garage and it looked like new!! I was truly amazed.

We all like to look at nice clean cars but hate washing them!! I would encourage you to wash yours if we ever meet I will be more impressed.

That looks the part !

I am off out to work on the SL again now - Just the rear brakes to go!
Then it might get a serious clean too

Spent an hour removing bits of various Dorset beaches from the inside of the CE - even hoovered the boot.. been washed - all clean again for a bit :)

Whilst not indestructable, they do scrub up well.

Ade

Fair do's to you Spike your MB is the business.

Looks great Sp!ke.

I'd prefer to see it on more period or at least better suited wheels though. Or just drop it at the arear a tad.

Spent an hour removing bits of various Dorset beaches from the inside of the CE - even hoovered the boot.. been washed - all clean again for a bit :)

Whilst not indestructable, they do scrub up well.

Ade

Sure do!

Just finished my final deep clean for this year...

8November2009.jpg

Sp!ke - Doesn't it give you a warm glow of satisfaction? :D:D:D

Looks good Spike, would have been a same to part company with it after all those years for such a minor fault, however terminal it might have sounded!

Ian.

Looks great Sp!ke.

I'd prefer to see it on more period or at least better suited wheels though.

Disagree sorry. I think 124s look better on 16" rims. Especially the ones with sideskirts. Too 'heavy jowled' otherwise.

Last edited:
Those are 17" rims, and I think the angular shape of the wheels suits the car rather well.

The rear is too high... must sort that I agree.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom