Sir Jimmy Savile, RIP

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A national institution.

Unfortunately , i never thought of him the same after the Louis Theroux episode.

R.I.P Jimmy :( This man raised a lot of money for charity`s

He will be sadly missed .

Although he mainly drove Rolls-Royces , I remember he had a very expensive motorhome made to his own specification on a Mercedes chassis .

Great guy, liked him a lot but sometimes found him so irritating however, couldn't help watching him. Will be missed.

What a shame, great character nice bloke.

Have to say thanks for the news, sad as it is. Never even knew untill i read it here.

He made a difference

Sad news. Saw him many times jogging in Roundhay*, waving back to every passing car's beep. True oddball, but true legend. RIP, Sir.

*Him jogging obviously, not me.

I met Jimmy many times and also read his autobiography. A great bloke with a big heart and soul who really did care about his fellow man.

R.I.P. a childhood legend for me :thumb: Top Bloke

I bet the journalists are sharpening their knives right know, not sure i want to know all the gory details.

He once pulled up on the forecourt of a garage I was working in the showroom of in the 70s, and as he got out of his new XJS, which was one of the first I'd seen, he pointed at the car, pointed at me and held three fingers up, as he mouthed what I thought was "three minutes". I gave him an approving thumbs up, and carried on. He banged on the window to get my attention again, and repeated the gesticulations, and clearly mouthed "Three quid?" As I jokingly ran towards him with my hand in my pocket, he gave a cheeky grin and ran off!

I've been waiting for a celebrity to pass away so I could pay my respects here, and Jim has fixed it for me! RIP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom