Sir Terry Pratchett RIP

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Such a shame. He had a wonderfully creative and unique imagination. I have read many of the Discworld novels and enjoyed them all…….saving the rest on Kindle for a rainy day.

Brilliant writer - creator of some classic character names:

Ghenghiz Cohen, aka 'Cohen the Barbarian'
Cut-Me-Own-Throat Dibbler
Visit-the-Infidel-with-Explanatory-Pamphlets
Cheery Littlebottom
Grag Bashfull Bashfullsson
Nobby Nobbs
Ptraci

Will be missed

RIP Sir Terry, I got into reading sci-fi/fantasy books because of the Discworld series.

Another great gone that we will struggle to see the likes of again.

The final posts on Sir Terry's Twitter account, posted by his assistant after his death.......

"AT LAST, SIR TERRY, WE MUST WALK TOGETHER.

"Terry took Death's arm and followed him through the doors and on to the black desert under the endless night.
"The End."

A brilliant writer and social commentator and a thoroughly decent person.

My condolences to his family, friends and all those who will miss his wry and unique take on life, people and absurdity.

There are few that can justifiably claim they were responsible for aiding the literacy of an entire generation of young people, but Terry Pratchet was undoubtedly in that select company. RIP

An astonishing imagination is lost to us - one of the best.
Who else could imagine The Clacks, and then describe the noise they made - and then go on to imagine the ghost in the clacks?
We have a couple more English authors in a sort of similar vein - Tom Holt and Robert Rankin are both very funny and imaginative.

But nowhere near as punny.

Sir Terry was fantastic.

Next time I see an altzheimers collecting box I shall honour his memory.

I recall the programme in which he was calling for Euthanasia to be legalised.

Very touching.

I used to read avidly, and Terry Pratchett was always one of my favourites. It was not unknown for me to buy a Discworld novel on the day of release and not go to bed until I'd finished it.

I read far less these days (although by chance I did pick up "Witches Abroad" the other week, which I'm slowly going through again). As a result, I've not read the last couple of Discworld novels, although we have them in the house courtesy of my wife's never-ending patronage of Waterstones.

When I do read them, I'll be sure to savour every line, knowing there'll be no more :(.

RIP Sir Terry, and thank you.

Gaz

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom