Sir Terry Wogan RIP

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Oddly the BBC headline had his surname misspelt... though by the time you read this they probably will have rectified it.

For very many years I used to listen to him on my way to work...

Never a kind word, Scott_F...?

Yep a sad loss was a sad day when he gave up the breakfast show on radio 2. Then when they gave Chris Evans the job I knew the BBC had finally lost the plot.

RIP Sir Terry

Yes, a great man. A great loss. Dedicated so much time to raise money for so many great causes.

I have good memories of everything he did as I was growing up. Blankety blank, Eurovision and BBC radio to name a few.

RIP Tel.

Ant.

I don't wish to seem unkind but I was never a fan.

So why comment and show the lack of respect?

Yep a sad loss was a sad day when he gave up the breakfast show on radio 2. Then when they gave Chris Evans the job I knew the BBC had finally lost the plot.

RIP Sir Terry

Sir Terry was a great man and like many I wish condolences to his family. I'm not sad as I never knew the man, but look back on his broadcasting with fondness and as both the man and broadcaster he should be celebrated. Many with his success have gone off the rails...

Chris Evans shares some of the same traits, with the charity work etc. His style of show is very different, but the numbers speak for themselves.

Well that came as a shock.

What a terrible beginning to 2016 for our much loved stars.

......thank goodness you won't have to anymore.

In life I have found if you have nothing good to say then it is better to say nothing.

Otherwise you do great harm to how people see you.

Terry may not have been everyones cup of tea but he did no one harm and did a great deal of work for charity.

What's your claim to fame?

I used to watch Eurovision solely for his commentary!

Yes, a great man. A great loss. Dedicated so much time to raise money for so many great causes.

I really don't think that he was such a "great man" at all:

The Tax Factor ... cunning ways in which Jimmy Carr and others avoid paying the full whack | London Life | Lifestyle | London Evening Standard

Wogan is the only celeb paid for Children In Need | Daily Mail Online

He was a well-known tax avoider who was paid handsomely for working on "good causes". Despite hosting Children In Need every year he tried to say that he didn't realise that he was being paid and only waived his fee after it became public knowledge.

Not my idea of a "great man" I'm afraid.

I really don't think that he was such a "great man" at all:

Not my idea of a "great man" I'm afraid.

Then why not choose not to post and wallow in your own sense of smugness, you're just coming across as some sort of attention seeking jerk.

He was generally a good egg and well liked by a lot of people.

Then why not choose not to post and wallow in your own sense of smugness, you're just coming across as some sort of attention seeking jerk.

He was generally a good egg and well liked by a lot of people.

There are two sides two every story and if you don't like the truth then I would suggest that you move on swiftly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom