Sister in laws car keyed

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

marty359

Car
BMW 330d with indicators and Jeep Renegade also with indicators
My sister in law lives in Guildford and had a little ding dong with another driver last week. She only passed her test a few months ago and whilst parallel parking outside her house and taking longer than it usually should the impatient driver behind got out and started abusing her. She replied i'm sorry but he kept abusing her so in the end she told him to get fooked.

She went in the house and 1 hour later came out to this :eek: he lives just round the corner as she's seen the car parked there but none of the neighbours cctv picked anything up.

I've only seen the pics but is it likely a detailer could get the scratches out or does it look like a respray jobby? The bonnet scratch is down to metal so unlikely but the rest look like its just the surface. Anyone recommend somewhere in Guildford to take it to get a price?

I really feel for her as it's her first car and she spent ages saving for it :(

run you finger nail across the scratches,if your nail catches in the scratch it can not be polished out,really sorry for her.

Sorry to say that it looks like a re-spray job :(

Based on your account of what happened, I suggest that your SIL makes a complaint against the other driver to the Police regarding the abusive exchange, and that she suggests that although she has no direct evidence, she believes that he may well be responsible for the subsequent damage to her car. At the very least, the Police should then investigate.

This happened last Sunday but I only found out yesterday. The police said they can't do anything as no proof and that she shouldn't of gone round neighbours houses asking to check cctv :doh:

The police said they can't do anything as no proof and that she shouldn't of gone round neighbours houses asking to check cctv :doh:

Unbelievable!

Really sorry to hear about the damage.
I'd bet the perpetrator wouldn't have bothered with the aggression or the vandalism had your sister-in-law been a bloke. What a scumbag!

I bet there's a trace of car paint on the key or whatever was used, but I suppose that would be asking too much...

she shouldn't of gone round neighbours houses asking to check cctv :doh:

Too right! It's the job of the police not to bother to do it so they are practising what they preach at least!

Does anyone else feel like they want to inflict that same damage on the vandal's face - or is it just me?

Absolute scumbag, so sorry to hear this, i know i would be gutted.
Whats the matter with people nowadays?

too right! It's the job of the police not to bother to do it so they are practising what they preach at least!

Does anyone else feel like they want to inflict that same damage on the vandal's face - or is it just me?

+1

I'd pop round to his house late one evening and treat his car to a mug of nitromors as I walked past.

Hypothetically speaking of course.

The police said they can't do anything as no proof and that she shouldn't of gone round neighbours houses asking to check cctv :doh:
Did she report the abuse / threatening behaviour as well?

Oh, and I was (perhaps foolishly) thinking that it was the Police's job to investigate and collect evidence :dk:

Looks like he really went to town on that door! Flippin T***, real man keying a car isn't he.

Can't believe people still lower themselves to this sort of standards, if I ever found someone doing this I would scratch there face with the Tarmac as I drive over there face

I'm afraid it looks like it's going to be a spray job from the pictures, I would be happy to have a look for you as I'm only in Chobham so maybe able to guide you (own a bodyshop)

I'm afraid it looks like it's going to be a spray job from the pictures, I would be happy to have a look for you as I'm only in Chobham so maybe able to guide you (own a bodyshop)

There you go! member to the rescue.Better off doing nothing,rather than
risk prosecution,I expect (sod's Law) cctv around the corner are full on.let
Karma smack him...it will.

I'd find it hard to resist not keying exactly the same panels in exactly the same way on his car....

Absoultely disgusting

I'd pop round to his house late one evening and treat his car to a mug of nitromors as I walked past.

Hypothetically speaking of course.

Nitromors isn't what it used to be.
Old brake fluid should always be recycled.:bannana:

If it had been my car I would of been round there the same day with my oversized hands gripped around his neck whilst his eyes started to go bloodshot. A weeks gone by now and although revenge is top of the cards it may cause a whole load of problems, he is obviously a nut case if he can do this in broad daylight so he may well be back to do something even worse. His time will come ;)

Can't believe people still lower themselves to this sort of standards, if I ever found someone doing this I would scratch there face with the Tarmac as I drive over there face

Great Barry, I'll PM you for contact details. :thumb:

Too many of the Police are too lazy to deal with what they call minor crimes. I would write to the local Police Commissioner with a formal complaint about lack of Police support, indifference to minor crimes, etc etc, and copy in your MP. If that gets you no response then try the local press. It looks like more than just the door so will not be a cheap fix.
Porridge Oats in the radiator is a very satisfactory form of revenge!

Go back to the Police. It is criminal damage and they have to investigate. The value of the respray is the loss you have suffered by a criminal action and is therefore significant in law. If they continue with their previous statement say that you wish to make an official complaint regarding their unwillingness to take any action. Don't let it go it may be difficult and there may even be further confrontation with the perpetrator which might deter her but we all have to stand up for what is right and not let these people think that they can do these things with impunity.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom