Site is unsecure apparently

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fabes

MB Enthusiast
Car
E 400 Coupe and X-Trail
MS Edge did not want me logging in this evening

upload_2018-12-9_4-6-20.png

Anyone else getting this?

No warnings here

Edge unsupported?

I don't use the PC often for forums (android) and whilst I have Chrome n the PC, I thought Edge was the MS browser
Do you mean unsupported for the forum platform?

PS Still showing a cert error....

Edge is MS's replacement to IE.

I just tried the site in Edge - no certificate error.

Use google chrome

Clear the browser cache completely and add the site once again.

Or use Chrome.

Edge unsupported?

Last I heard MS were replacing Edge with a new version based on Chrome, basically because no-one uses Edge.

I get a security error trying to connect to the governments vehicle enquiry service when using Opera so not only Edge that has difficulties with some sites.

Correction. Bono uses Edge to make him look good on stage and Brass is the new Chrome. And technically speaking Edge IS still supported, but only by Adam Clayton when Larry is looking the other way.

By the way MS is incorrect. It is M&S , I should know , it's where my mom buys her Knickers.

And what Opera Winfrey has to do with all this is any body's guess. ?? :dk:

Correction. Bono uses Edge to make him look good on stage and Brass is the new Chrome. And technically speaking Edge IS still supported, but only by Adam Clayton when Larry is looking the other way.

By the way MS is incorrect. It is M&S , I should know , it's where my mom buys her Knickers.

And what Opera Winfrey has to do with all this is any body's guess. ?? :dk:

Well done you :D

P.S Microsoft's Edge browser doesn't even work on Microsoft's own web apps like office 365

Last I heard MS were replacing Edge with a new version based on Chrome, basically because no-one uses Edge.

That was announced in the last few weeks in that the Edge browser would become Chromium based (the open source engine which is not Chrome, but is the engine Chrome and Safari, Opera, Firefox etc are all based on). It will be a while before it is the new engine and people won't really know it as it will just be an update of Edge which will look the same on the outside.

Edge will be around for a long while yet, just with a different engine at the heart.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom