SKI CROSS on BBC2 now

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BlackC55

Authorised Forum Sponsor
SUPPORTER
Car
E55K SL500 E250X2 Smart44 Brabus Track car E450Cabriolet X350 Pick up
Anyone watching this

Its brilliant!

I wish I could ski 'cos it looks like brilliant fun

I reckon I would be ACE,

I'm really good on the Wii :) :)

Can hardly blink watching them

It was great, best bit of the Olympics so far.
If you get the chance go and try skiing, such a rush!
Max.jpg

Yes I agree, one of the highlights so far, together with the bobsleigh and all those crashes :)

I have been before and enjoyed it. I can't ski now due to the bracket holding my hip together.

So much better than the "time trials" generally associated with winter sports.

Yes I agree, one of the highlights so far, together with the bobsleigh and all those crashes :)

I worked on the BBC coverage of the Lillehammer Olympics bobsleigh and luge in 1994. We started off by sliding down the end of the service road (the very same one as seen on the Top Gear Bob v Rally Car race) on tea trays smuggled out of the canteen, then gradually progressed to cable duct covers (very narrow :eek:), bin liners and finally six-up on a ladder.

Before every session, practice or race, a couple of bobs are sent down the track to test the timing systems and suchlike. One day I disappeared from our truck and sneaked away to the start with only one objective. I managed to blag a ride in one of the test bobs :D:D:D

Absobloodylutely brilliant :bannana::bannana::bannana:

I was amazed at how smooth it seemed compared to the recording I saw of it afterwards, although I did end up with two massive bruises on my underarms due to the combined effects of the brakeman's boots and 5Gs. We didn't have a running start, just a push with us already on board but still our time was only three seconds slower than the best time in that session.

If you ever get a chance to go in one just do it. It's brilliant.

It is one of my ambitions.

To go on a bobsleigh run like the Skeleton on my own tea tray.

"Meet your maker regretting the things you did, not the things you didn't"

The ski cross was certainly an entertaining format to view.

If you want to experience the Bob Skeleton the most accesible way is to go and do the Cresta Run, It is how the Skeleton started. about 30euros a run plus insurance and kit hire, I have done it about 40 times and it is such a rush!
When I was on holiday with Crystal Ski in Sestriere they had an option to do the Bob. It was £50 but probably the best £50 I have ever spent......although I'm not sure the Girlfriend of the italian in the Bob with me would agree as she went nuts at the bottom thumping him round the head numerous times!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom