Skid Pan Pics

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GrahamC230K

MB Enthusiast
Car
Audi A3 & S4 quattro
I thorougly enjoyed my day. We had a good enthusiastic bunch in the morning seesion and I think we pushed the limits of what you could get away with on the Skid pan without being asked to leave :D

I think we had more emphasis on wild antics and trying to drift the car rather than learning too much, but that was how the day was - not couped up in a classroom just all hands on fun.

Thanks again to Andrew aka Flyer for organising.

I hope those in the afternoon session picked up enough speed to slide the car before they went home :eek: :rolleyes: Well maybe your more timid start meant your drivers didn't put the car in the ditch like us anyway!!!

I'll leave the video to those with better cameras than me and broadband to upload with.

For now here are some pictures t get a taste of the day.

Skid1.jpg

Skid2.jpg

Skid3.jpg

Skid4.jpg

Skid5.jpg

Last edited:
GrahamC230K said:
Thanks again to Andrew aka Flyer for organising.
Here here!! Thanks again Flyer from me too. Actually thanks to everybody for making it such a fun day. It was an absolute blast.

GrahamC230K said:
I hope those in the afternoon session picked up enough speed to slide the car before they went home :eek: :rolleyes: Well maybe your more timid start meant your drivers didn't put the car in the ditch like us anyway!!!
I didn't think I was that restrained in the afternoon session :p There was plenty of slip, sliding away performed by all :D after the day was through. Scott's record still stands though ;) :p In some respects the last bit against the clock was the most fun, my time was a decidedly average 1:22 and congrats to Guy (Gizmo) who won the afternoon session with a sub 1 min time, infact the top 3 all managed under a min, I think... they were certainly all very close.

Thanks for the pics G., they show the layout and the cars brilliantly but I am afraid they can't convey just how much fun we had sliding around that skid pan. :D

S.

Last edited:
Steve_Perry said:
I didn't think I was that restrained in the afternoon session :p There was plenty of slip, sliding away performed by all :D after the day was through. Scott's record still stands though ;) :p In some respects the last bit against the clock was the most fun, my time was a decidedly average 1:22 and congrats to Guy (Gizmo) who won the afternoon session with a sub 1 min time, infact the top 3 all managed under a min, I think... they were certainly all very close.

Is it true none of you morning session people got under a 1 minute time? A few of us did in the afternoon :p

Had a great day, thanks again Andrew for arranging it.

RichardM said:
Is it true none of you morning session people got under a 1 minute time? A few of us did in the afternoon :p

Had a great day, thanks again Andrew for arranging it.
I feel a new class divide is about to be born that would even rival the split between the silver and non silver crew!

The am'ers
and the pm'ers :D :p

S.

Steve_Perry said:
I feel a new class divide is about to be born that would even rival the split between the silver and non silver crew!

The am'ers
and the pm'ers :D :p

S.
Steve . . don't you mean the ditchers, and the non-ditchers ;)

(CLICK ON EACH IMAGE FOR A LARGER ONE !!!!)

Own up . . . . !!!:bannana:

also like to thank Andrew for organising today

Another good time at an mbclub event........i really ought to buy a merc ! ;)

Assume all the sub minute laps were in the Rover ?!?!? :D

Matt

Thanks Andrew for organising a really enjoyable day, lets hope we all remember what we learnt and don't have to use it in a real life situation. (Well OK every now and then wont hurt :D )

Can you all see from Graham's pictures how much wetter the course was in the morning? :)

Andrew

As a fellow PM'er ;-) and with a sub one minute lap (in a sh*te BMW) :bannana: can I pass on my thanks to you for organising the event and providing me (and SWMBO) with the opportunity to participate.

It was a fun afternoon and good to put faces to names.

I will post a pic idc.

NormanB

Last edited:
Yeah, you guys were quicker. Fair enough. To be honest I must admit Steve Perry, Sym and Steve_BCS and misses were giving it a good go, I just think having got up early we were a bit more gun ho from the start.

I think Dorian's quote was the best - referring to me behind the wheel "You've disconnected your brain then"

My only gripe was getting the Red BMW for the time trial - it had really bad handling - seemed to understeer where not anticipated!! Nothing to do with my driving anyway.

So who fancied the cart track next?

Last edited:
GrahamC230K said:
My only gripe was getting the Red BMW for the time trial - it had really bad handling - seemed to understeer where not anticipated!! Nothing to do with my driving anyway.
I did 59 secs in the red, MANUAL (arrrrghhhh) BMW Graham, in the WET !
. . . I think the handbrake might have helped me just a little bit though ;) ;)

S.

I'd be up for the Kart track - if only to see what Scott and Ben get up to - probably get one stuck up a tree or something !

also like the look of the Prescott Hillclimb suggestion in Events too......

mind you perhaps better try Karting first !

Sym, well done with 59secs ! I managed 60 secs...

Matt

Just got in ! we stopped along the way.

Just like to thank Andrew (flyer) once again for organising a brilliant day.

Despite my many attempts I didnt quite manage a 360 spin - I think I was close at about 270 ish :D And I think the PMers all avoided the ditch.

Mind you I did hear that Ray (KicktheKat) was interfereing with Ians Handbrake once or twice when he least expected it :devil:

Nice pics Graham but as Steve Perry says, they dont do justice to just how much fun it was.

Oh, nearly forgot, wifey enjoyed it a lot too.

I nearly disowned her though after watching her time trial especially the reversing bit at the end..... but I forgot the route so got maximum penalty points I think :eek: so we agreed were were even in the end.

Last edited:
sym - 52 secs is impresive

Scott managed 52 minutes ! ;o)

PM'ers Pic, posted on behalf of NormanB

From left to right . . . (ish)

Sym, NormanB, Steve_Perry, Gizmo750, Michelle (Mrs Gizmo750), Lorraine (Mrs NormanB), RichardM, Soly (Mrs Steve bcs), Flyer Junior, Sasha, Steve bcs, Flyer.

Attachments

• gtg-ccombe.jpg
    gtg-ccombe.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 110
Last edited:
GrahamC230K said:
I agree that red beemer wasn't a patch on the silver one in terms of handling. I got the red one for my time trial too. Heh not an excuse though as Sym had a really good lap in it.
MJB said:
also like the look of the Prescott Hillclimb suggestion in Events too......
Me too, I'll also be keeping an eye as to how this suggestion develops :)
steve_bcs said:
I nearly disowned her though after watching her time trial especially the reversing bit at the end
To be fair Steve, Mrs. steve_bcs couldn't see a thing out of the rear window when reversing as it had totally misted up. That's why I gave the back window a good wipe over before my time trial (the demister wasn't doing much), still didn't help me though :rolleyes:

**EDIT** Great pic Norman :D Thanks for sharing. Nice one. :bannana: and sym for posting it :)

S.

Last edited:
sym said:
Guy managed ....................52 Secs !!!!!

:rock: :rock: :devil:

Here's the time sheet for the AM 'ers, just so you can see just how abysmal we all were...I dont think we were there to learn much, But boy did we laugh.:D :D :D

times.jpg

Big thanks to Andrew for organising it.. Terrific day

Now look here. :)

I meant to put that BMW in the ditch. I thought we'd agreed that one of them needed to be put to death? Oh! Maybe I forgot to tell you all......

Managed to get home without incident - which was a welcome change from the trip there. Poor old Ben's BMW doesn't look so happy.

Managed a much better slide out of my estate on to the main road this morning. Learned not to put down 100% power when trying to commence the slide. :)

Those pics are great!

Just remember..........Down with the Gas, up with the Clutch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom