• A Sunday in April

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A Saturday in May

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A Sunday in May

Votes: 1 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

flango

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
Car
Mercedes SLK R171
Hi All

As you will have seen from Spinal's post on skidpan training we are trying to organise a driver training event at The Metropolitan Police Driver Training School at Hendon London. The course will last a full day on either a Saturday or Sunday in the new year and will include front and rear wheel skid training, anti hijack and security driving techniques lunch and coffee, Cost is £250 pp (maybe cheaper if we can get 12 people)

Further details in Spinal post here http://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=61087

We now need to know who is interested and what day / month is prefferred so far attending

1. Bolide
2. Flanaia1
3. Smiddyboy1
4. Spinal (with maybe 1 or 2 more)

If interested please add your name and vote

thanks
Ian

Just been checking the other thread on this, are the supplied cars auto or manual?

Just been checking the other thread on this, are the supplied cars auto or manual?

I am assuming they are manual as is usually the case with training vehicles, but if you are specifically after auto I can check what is available.

Ian

I am assuming they are manual as is usually the case with training vehicles, but if you are specifically after auto I can check what is available.

Ian

Thanks, that would be helpful as I can't drive manuals any more. I have not decided yet whether to come although I am very seriously tempted.

Thanks again.

Thanks, that would be helpful as I can't drive manuals any more. I have not decided yet whether to come although I am very seriously tempted.

Thanks again.

No probs will check and get back to you

This is very expensive.
If anyone is interested in cheaper options; get in touch with local IAM/ROSPA group & have a go on local skid pan for a fraction of the cost!
One can also improve driving techniques/efficiency & safety (although they do not go as far as J-turns, but then not really an everyday requirement!)

I've put a Saturday in March - but I'm quite flexible and don't really have much preference... I would prefer a manual if possible... (and the complexity rises :p)

I haven't confirmed my friend, but I have convinced him. He's a closet MB fan, has done an internship in Germany at MB HQ in the SLK plant and is a neo-graduate in mechanical engineering... so would fit in quite well :p (on a side note, if anyone is looking for a graduate mechanical engineer, drop me a pm and I'll pass it on!)

So:

1. Bolide
2. Flanaia1
3. Smiddyboy1
4. Spinal (with maybe 1 more)
12. J. (tentative)

Smatt: IAM/ROSPA tend to use rigs and parking lots, not skidpans and normal vehicles... additionally, this is both front and rear, along with some more fun stuff :D

flanaia: thank you VERY much for all you've done!
M.

Last edited:
Someone needs to approach their local Road Safety Partnership - the local one to here gives free skidpan sessions to anyone under 25 or who has passed their test in the last 2 years.

£250pp must be the corporate rate :crazy:

So:

1. Bolide
2. Flanaia1
3. Smiddyboy1
5. c240sport97

12. J. (tentative)

Someone needs to approach their local Road Safety Partnership - the local one to here gives free skidpan sessions to anyone under 25 or who has passed their test in the last 2 years.

£250pp must be the corporate rate :crazy:

Believe me £250 is cheap for all this, work it out for yourself 4 x top class instructors would cost £800 each per day (min) = £3200 + 4 x High powered front and rear wheel drive cars £250 per day each = £1000 buffet lunch and coffees another £15 a head

£250 is a favour to me not a corporate rate and it may be cheaper than this with 12 of us. This is not a Rospa / IAM pretend skid training this is the real deal high speed stuff. Most IAM / RoSPA Skid training is done at low speed which is practically useless if the skid occurs at 90 mph on a motorway, This training is way above anything a part time voluntary instructor would be able to teach you. A high speed event for serious drivers wishing to hone their skills.

Last edited:
1. Bolide
2. Flanaia1
3. Smiddyboy1
5. c240sport97
6. Carrotchomper (On the tentative proviso that the anti-hijack stuff goes ahead, I've done skid pans on my response driving course!)

12. J. (tentative)[/quote]

1. Bolide
2. Flanaia1
3. Smiddyboy1
5. c240sport97
6. Carrotchomper (On the tentative proviso that the anti-hijack stuff goes ahead, I've done skid pans on my response driving course!)

12. J. (tentative)
[/quote]

Anti hijack stuff is definitely on if we can get 12 people

Excellent. If the price can be shaved perhaps a little further I reckon it's a runner. Nice London hotel the day before- Marvellous!

Will work on the price once we have the numbers and agree a date think if we can get 12 they will negotiate. Great idea about the hotel by the way, do you know of any we could use as I too would come down the night before

Will work on the price once we have the numbers and agree a date think if we can get 12 they will negotiate. Great idea about the hotel by the way, do you know of any we could use as I too would come down the night before

I don't have any specific contacts, really. I would be probably coming up on the train since it's a darn sight easier and quicker from Central Bristol to Central London.

I reckon something like a Premier Inn with a pub attached somewhere near Hendon would probably be the best bet. Particularly for ease of travelling for anyone coming from the North etc by car.

Completely OT, but this is very useful. A "Geographical" tube map. Helps avoid ridiculous underground trips for the sake of a 100m walk down the road :eek:

Why not try our local skid pan - North Yorkshire roads over the past few days!!!!

Image011.jpg

Image072.jpg

And even the gritters/snow plough's can't always cope! :D :D :D

Image065.jpg

Was up in Kettlewell & skipton earlier in the week nightmare but my Scooby battled through and got me back to the peoples republic of South Yorkshire safe and sound

Any dates suits me, just some notice to get the time off, book hotel etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom