skilled or a potential getaway driver?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
The general public seemed to be quick to get out of the way too - no apparent dumbasses there!

If I ever have a heart attack, that's the driver I want! Confident driving or what?

Most people in this country just ram their cars into the most inconvenient places when they see an ambulance.

Much respect to the emergency services - worldwide

There was a great deal of compliance in the relatively quiet traffic on the streets, but this was still a very competent driver.

I raced cars when I was (much) younger, formula first and formula ford 1600 open wheel racing and always fancied myself as a "wheel man". I was good.

But eventually you come across someone that is exceptional that is destined to be a professional racing driver and you suddenly realise how ordinary you are.

I can't emphasise enough the gulf between a good competent driver and a professional driver that ends up in a "formula", the difference is simple vast and often it has nothing to do with car control, but mental capacity.

Last edited:
I raced cars when I was (much) younger, formula first and formula ford 1600 open wheel racing and always fancied myself as a "wheel man". I was good.

We raced FF after Special Saloons back in the early seventies, our FF was a Brabham BT21 chassis a bit heavy but beautifully built and very stiff, nice car until it got bent after being shunted into the big ditch at Lydden Hill, gave up then, kids and money.............usual stuff :rolleyes:

The general public seemed to be quick to get out of the way too - no apparent dumbasses there!
Unlike in the UK, most other European countries require by law that other road users actively get out of the way of emergency vehicles. I've never understood why we don't have a similar law.

The way he goes through some of the junctions just seems like a matter of time before the number of his passengers is increased

The F1 guys should sign this guy up, might make it less boring!

Unlike in the UK, most other European countries require by law that other road users actively get out of the way of emergency vehicles. I've never understood why we don't have a similar law.

We probably need that law more than Europe - the way some of the bumblef*cks in this country I've seen react to emergency vehicle is laughable.

"Hmm, I shall just stop right here with a traffic island one side and railings the other - with traffic on the other side of the road."

The F1 guys should sign this guy up, might make it less boring!

Hmm, doubt it!

We probably need that law more than Europe - the way some of the bumblef*cks in this country I've seen react to emergency vehicle is laughable.

"Hmm, I shall just stop right here with a traffic island one side and railings the other - with traffic on the other side of the road."

Pulling over to let an emergency service vehicle through I was overtaken by the vehicle following me!
The main problem I suspect is the complete lack of routine mirror observation.

While the driving was indeed very skillfull I would venture at several points it entered " high risk strategy|" territory- going down a one way street the wrong way and jumping sets of traffic lights at red being two. The point being many accidents are caused by a lack of anticipation of a drivers action's by other road users. I would venture that being asked to anticipate someone coming at you down a one way street or from the side at a junction when the lights are green is sufficiently aberrant behaviour to constitute an "ask too far " for the average motorist's anticipation, and thus increases risk to unacceptable levels? In addition while we like the romantic notion that a speeding ambulance will save lives its more likely timely first responder medical stabilisation at the incident scene and the expertise and facilities of the receiving hospital are far more likely to affect the final outcome for the patient. :dk:

Putting it another way its the points in the journey where the ambulance driver doesn't rely on his own skill but the skill of other drivers to avoid an accident.

Last edited:
Putting it another way its the points in the journey where the ambulance driver doesn't rely on his own skill but the skill of other drivers to avoid an accident.

I did think the same actually.

Anyone not seeing the ambulance could come-a-cropper.

proper job

[YOUTUBE]qyNbhDZMdKc[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom