Skimword links

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MB Enthusiast
Car
2009 W204 C180K
I've recently reinstalled windows 10 on my laptop. It may be a coincidence but I'm now seeing skimword links in posts. From what I can gather skimword links are added by the host website as a means to earn income. That would be fine if the links were relevant which of course they are not.

Do others see skimword links and if not are you using an ad blocker.

Yes, it's since the new forum switchover. I use skimlinks on my forum, but not with the text replacement, as it doesn't work very well. Users become blind to genuine links assuming they're ads and before that, people click them assuming they're real only to be disappointed with whatever they're taken to.

I do though, use referral links which work very well. Whenever someone posts a link to something like a product on eBay, if others click the link and later buy the product, my forum gets a cut. That's completely invisible to end users and that alone funds my forum which is admittedly far smaller than this place.

Thanks, I thought that's what it must be. I have no objection to the forum raising funds as long as members realise it's not the original poster that put them in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom