Skoda Fabia body panels

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Without sight of the door it is hard to comment on glass replacement , but generally it is a matter of removing the main window glass , then the guide channel between the main glass and the quarter light , which should then come out .

Looks like that is the solution for the glass:thumb:
Still haven't looked at the handle/lock mechanism:eek:

I'll ask laddo - he's doing his apprenticeship at the local dealer and, as long as he remembers, he'll look it up for you.

Laddo says:

Door card out - swap out complete mechanism (lock out, handle out, reverse with replacement parts) - door card back on.

However he reckons it's not an easy DIY job if you want a decent fit/finish.

I'd leave the dents where they are.

After all, they'll nicely match the dents he's going to get next week....

Dieselman said:
Car ownership is going to be expensive for YOU.

Fixed that for you

Fixed that for you

Only cost to me is that while he is spending on the car he is not saving for the house deposit and I get to subsidise his comfy home living for a bit longer:doh:

I'm currently not even offering to help with the door swap (other than information gathering) until he lifts a finger and gives me a hand with the garden project we have on at the moment.

I'm currently not even offering to help with the door swap (other than information gathering) until he lifts a finger and gives me a hand with the garden project we have on at the moment.

leading by example there then......:thumb:

Ok, he swaped the door over (with help from girlfriends brother)

Final minor problem is that they removed the rubbing strip from the old door to fit to the new door. It was attached with dark grey double sided foam tape.

What is the name of this tape and where can it be bought from?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom