Skoda Fabia

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ibrar

Car
55 plate LWB Sprinter and soon to be C220 AMG Sport Plus
A friend's dad is wanting to buy a skoda fabia (07 plate) and really wants to know if they are a good car from what they used to be.

Does anyone have any comments on their handling, driving, comfort etc?

Ibrar

You're suggesting this on a Mercedes fourm....Get off with you..

and to think he may be prepared to buy a Skip..with a heated rear window...Pah..

What model..Fabia 1 or New Fabia?

What does he want, economy, luxury, sportiness..?

This is a serious point. Enough of the wit dieselman:crazy:

I enjoy the wit and wisdom of DM. If you want serious answers go to a Skoda forum? When I post re: my Ford, I don't expect serious answers, but those who "know" me are likely to give helpful advice.

Therefore, perhaps drop the smart comments and you might get somewhere.

And yes, I am grumpy

Oooo...

Just answer the q's..I can help...;)

we do own a Vrs..;)

Hello

Yes they are good cars now, joking aside and there are many its a shame in a way the name didn't get changed.

The cars are very good quality as many have almost identical VW and Audi looking parts...

The Fabia VRS derv is a great little car. It is a shame the stigma is still with them as value for money they are great.

I speced up the Octavia VRS Estate with every option and at the time it was £18,000. cheap motoring even if it loses a lot.

I enjoy the wit and wisdom of DM. If you want serious answers go to a Skoda forum? When I post re: my Ford, I don't expect serious answers, but those who "know" me are likely to give helpful advice.

Therefore, perhaps drop the smart comments and you might get somewhere.

And yes, I am grumpy

It's ok..I was winding ibrar up....as I'm sure scumbag will as well...;)

General impressions of the car. Im guessing a decent economy, comfort.......i doubt the cars have much sportiness. The new fabia. sorry for the grumpy comment :p

Errrm I do believe it aint a vrs. Just a normal 1.9 diesel fabia!

what do u call a skoda on top of a hill??

a miracle!

I speced up the Octavia VRS Estate with every option and at the time it was £18,000. cheap motoring even if it loses a lot.

Not sure they do. The Fabia Vrs is an exceptional value holder and as a range they are better than a polo.

They have a rock solid survey rating now for reliability and dealers, in fact the best in the VAG group.

All three Skoda models come in the top 10 in J D power survey and the Octavia beat the Honda on reliability which made Skoda the best all round brand to run.

Well it won't be a new Fabia Vrs as it's not out yet.

My 2p. I'm not dead struck on the looks of the new Fab either interior or exterior but that's opinion.

Comfort, reliability space and economy are all better than their rivals.

Personally I would go for the top spec cars as they are just nicer and with the TDI lump you can't go wrong.

Economy will probably be about 60mpg in general driving.

Reliability has been very good on ours. The only non scheduled work in 4 years has been the alarm interior sensors were too sensetive, a slight knock from the n/s front brake backplate, squealing rear brakes when reversing (modification to fit anti squeal shims).

If you want real feedback go to http://www.briskoda.net/forums/

Not sure they do. The Fabia Vrs is an exceptional value holder and as a range they are better than a polo.

They have a rock solid survey rating now for reliability and dealers, in fact the best in the VAG group.

All three Skoda models come in the top 10 in J D power survey and the Octavia beat the Honda on reliability which made Skoda the best all round brand to run.
Apparently VW employees choose Skodas as their personal cars over the other VAG brands.

My nextdoor neighbour has a 1.4L petrol Fabia estate and the build quality is absolutely first-class. It's totally reliable and costs peanuts for main dealer servicing. The dealers seem to have built a well-deserved reputation for excellent service, too.

Personally (and I speak with experience having had 3 VW cars over the last 10 years) I think Skoda build quality is now better than VW's. Perhaps VAG made a concious effort to concentrate their quality efforts on Skoda and took their eye off the rest of their products? Whatever, VW may still have a better "image" in the UK market, but the current Skoda's are better built imo.

The 1.9TDI engine is showing its age a bit in terms of refinement, but it's still an extremely strong and reliable motor and very economical to boot.

what do u call a skoda on top of a hill?? a miracle!

Tell that to the rally drivers that put Skoda in the winning position time after time after time......

:D :D what do you call a skoda with twin exhausts???????? a wheelbarrow:D :D ..........on a serious point skodas are as reliable as any now as they are part of the VAG regards jon

Ahem,

I would not know about such things.

The 1.9tdi has a 2valve per cylinder and is not the most refined against todays best, which is possibly the 2.0 4 valve version in the Octavia.

A guy who has 2 aircraft living at our airport has a 1.9tdi estate on a 53plate. Says its very good. Who am I to argue.

They are a front wheel drive, cheap small hatchback. If you don't expect anything else, then they are very good at doing what it says on the tin. They are not as good as fiesta for handling, not as quite as a polo/golf, not as fast as the SEAT's and not as dear as any of them. They go on for ever it seems.

I have just got 13000miles up on my skip, and apart from a Subaru I had, its the only car I have had that has not broke down, or been back for some issue or other (Not driver created!) in the 1st year.

Comparing them like for like, they are extremely good value for money.

Compared to a Mercedes, they are rubbish! Just not as rubbish as you might expect, and certainly not as disapointing as other cars pretending to be better than they are.

I am not fully taken by the looks of the latest version, but no doubt it will improve over time.

Skoda Fabias are built like a brick sh**house. Unfortunately the latest incarnation looks a bit like one! --a well screwed together car whose dealers apparently to look after their customers- now there's a novel concept!:rolleyes:

I love those cars that you do Shude !!

You did one of mine ages ago , but i have done the wheels since then ... any chance you could do me another please ?

H

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom