Sky and ITV HD

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

glojo

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
Car
S211 Sprinter 213CDI, & the new T-class

Last edited:
I dont see ITV HD!

I see:

Brit Shorts
Radio Shepherd
Radio Rabbi
Hinrg Lownrg
Well Class
Groove

Last edited:

Last edited:
ITV & SKY had a falling out years ago about some deal over something or other, so now ITV don't let SKY have ITV HD with the SKY HD set up, you need FREESAT i think.

If this isn't correct it aint far from the truth

Last edited:

Last edited:
ITV HD is not (currently) regional, so should share the same channel number for the whole of the UK.

You do need a Sky HD or other HD-capable receiver to see it, the non-HD receivers don't know what to do with the data in the HD streams as they are in a different format (MPEG4 vs MPEG2).

This site shows what is actually on the satellite constellation known as 'Astra 2', aka 'Sky' - there is a lot of stuff that Sky don't show you in their programme guide, but also that probably isn't worth having either!
Eurobird 1 & Astra 2A/2B/2D at 28.2°E - LyngSat

Agatward said what I meant to say as I was typing.

ITV is regional by the way, it is STV in Scotland (if that makes any sense) and ITV HD is not available unless you tune into say ITV London.

Last edited:
Yup same as Ted ....just hit red button...no faffing around.

Last edited:
Firstly I can get ITV HD and have done for a while. I do not have Sky, I have Freesat.

Tonight for example STV at 22.35hrs programme is Dexter in SD (pressing the red button would not work in this case).
Tonight for example ITV London at 22.35hrs programme is The Bill-Cry wolf in both SD and HD.

I can watch or record any of the above programmes because I have a Humax HDR box. I go to ITV London on the EPG and select The Bill-Cry wolf and have the option to record in either SD or HD.

I never said ITV HD is not available. You are not watching a Sky Channel when watching ITV HD, you are watching a FTA channel.

Lots of 'interesting' channels on freesat if you scan in non freesat mode on a Humax HDR :thumb:

Yeah

John's tip is correct - the only thing to remember is that unlike other channels (HD) if the programme isn't being broadcast in HD then no transmission will be shown.

Watched Lewis in HD, unfortunately shows up how poor the SD picture broadcast by sky is.

Mike

I get extremely frustrated when folks say something is not available when I have posted the codes to access it..

I am NOT talking about regional ITV, I am talking about ITV HD

It is not available on the EPG, but if you install the codes that I have posted and you have SKY HD.. then you WILL be able to watch ITV HD when it broadcasts.

If there is no ITV HD program being transmitted, then you get a message saying ITV HD 'This service is currently unavailable'

Some folks are incorrecly trying to type in 10510 as the channel number.... READ MY POST...

There is currently no channel number

I am not asking if we can receive ITV HD on our Sky HD only boxes... I am categorically saying we can.

It is NOT regional

It is operator error if you cannot do it...

Once you have successfully typed in the codes... Go to options

Other channels and then select

Note how these are all Sky instructions...

That is because it is accessed through Sky

If you fail do locate it, then it is not because the channel is not there... It is probably because of operator error

I have no other TV equipment apart from SAky,

I installed it through my Sky HD box

I access it through my Sky programmer and I watch it through the Sky box :rolleyes::rolleyes:
I do like your posts - the firm but polite way you go about stating your point. I have every sympathy with your sentiments.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom