Sky hd problem

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

kurtdaley

Car
Evoque HSE Dynamic & Mini Cooper
Can't pause or rewind etc on sky hd, 30 mins wait when I phoned sky, can anyone help???

Thanks in advance.

Kurt

hi sorry but your hard drive is failing so need to get sky to replace box, if out of warrantly you can replace drive yourself

thanks

Maybe be stating the obvious, but have you rebooted it?

hi sorry but your hard drive is failing so need to get sky to replace box, if out of warrantly you can replace drive yourself

thanks

Brand new, only got it yesterday:confused:

Unplug it from the mains. Leave 30 secs and plug back in. Then you'll have to wait for it to reboot and then start it up again.

If that doesn't work. Unplug again and then plug back in whilst holding down the Back-Up button on the unit (not the remote). This should force an update of the firmware.

(On a few boxes you have to hold down the left and right buttons in addition to Back-Up).

The engineer should have done the above when they installed it.

As above, reboot and then software update if not as first and second ideas.

As it's a brand new box I assume that the drive isn't full of recorded rubbish!

Hate Sky customer service, try and find a non '0870' number for their their helpdesk, they keep you waiting for ages and I've even had a cheeky person answer and hang up straightaway before :wallbash:

Did it ever work yesterday etc?

Sounds like you may not have the Sky+ enabling key activated on your viewing card. This needs a call to Sky, unfortunately.

Unplug it from the mains. Leave 30 secs and plug back in. Then you'll have to wait for it to reboot and then start it up again.

If that doesn't work. Unplug again and then plug back in whilst holding down the Back-Up button on the unit (not the remote). This should force an update of the firmware.

(On a few boxes you have to hold down the left and right buttons in addition to Back-Up).

The engineer should have done the above when they installed it.

Yes, done the open air update when I installed it.

As above, reboot and then software update if not as first and second ideas.

As it's a brand new box I assume that the drive isn't full of recorded rubbish!

Hate Sky customer service, try and find a non '0870' number for their their helpdesk, they keep you waiting for ages and I've even had a cheeky person answer and hang up straightaway before :wallbash:

Did it ever work yesterday etc?

No it didn't.

Sounds like you may not have the Sky+ enabling key activated on your viewing card. This needs a call to Sky, unfortunately.

Will ring them tomorrow, just got in from pub so better not ring then and make a fool of myself!!

Cheers for the reply guys :D:D

Sorted now, and finally got a number for sky where I get put through to them directly and don't have to go through the rigmarole of press 1, 2 ,3 etc.
If anyone needs it PM me and I will send it to you.
Cheers Kurt

can i have it please ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom