SKY HD+ - utter **** from SKY as normal!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SportsCoupeRich

MB Enthusiast
Car
RRS
Letter through post - would you like to upgrade.

Yes

£170

Goes through - our installation team will get that in for you, normally within the next 2 weeks.

We can install second week of Jan...

Anyone know anyone that can match the price?

Virgin? They'll probably match it... and soon they will have sky channels as well...

Problem is, Virgin will not be doing Sky HD at the moment. Virgin gets BBC, Sky has their own and Freesat has ITV, so to watch all HD you need three boxes:eek: I am with Virgin and I am pleased with the service. HD is no additional charge per month, Sky I beleive is an extra £10, but for one channel, I wouldn't expect to pay. Actually come to think, CIS on one of the Virgin channels is HD, whooppee:D

I just had the sky man round. I rang last week and they were here this........thing is, they won't do it until I get consent, and that could take up to 3 months...no tv for a while then.

can't say I miss it tho. might get so used to not having it, I might not bother with it at all.

Buy a Sky HD box on eBay and plug it in yourself ?

Thats what I did, followed the setup procedure (menu 4 0 1 select ) and called up Sky to add the HD subscription

You also then have the option to buy a box with a bigger disk in it

Richard

Problem is, Virgin will not be doing Sky HD at the moment. Virgin gets BBC, Sky has their own and Freesat has ITV, so to watch all HD you need three boxes:eek: I am with Virgin and I am pleased with the service. HD is no additional charge per month, Sky I beleive is an extra £10, but for one channel, I wouldn't expect to pay. Actually come to think, CIS on one of the Virgin channels is HD, whooppee:D

I thought Freesat had both BBC and ITV?

Last edited:
Buy a Sky HD box on eBay and plug it in yourself ?

Thats what I did, followed the setup procedure (menu 4 0 1 select ) and called up Sky to add the HD subscription

You also then have the option to buy a box with a bigger disk in it

Richard

Thats exactly what I did too... 2 years ago, it took me 10 minutes to plug in and then ring sky to activate.

Just phone SKY and say you will take your custom elsewhere, they will normally speed up the process. When we got SKY+ installed in our new flat at the turn of the year they said it was gonna be £170 and we'd need to wait 6 weeks, when I said I would just go with BT vision as they could do it quicker SKY gave us it all free and came round a week later to install it all! Moaning does work!:devil:

Just phone SKY and say you will take your custom elsewhere, they will normally speed up the process. When we got SKY+ installed in our new flat at the turn of the year they said it was gonna be £170 and we'd need to wait 6 weeks, when I said I would just go with BT vision as they could do it quicker SKY gave us it all free and came round a week later to install it all! Moaning does work!:devil:
I did the same..on my 4th free + box.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom