Sky HD worth it if you don't have movies / sport?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

A210AMG

MB Enthusiast
Hello

Having watched some blueray films on our new TV the quality of fantastic. My question would upgrading our Sky + box to HD (and £10 month) be worth it? As I may as well make use of the better quality TV?

We only have the basic 6 mix's

Has anyone upgraded without movies / sport?

I even have an old (12 months old) Sky HD box but have been told (not from sky) that I cannot use this and just pay the £10 a month) as it needs setting up?

views good or bad please

Hello

Having watched some blueray films on our new TV the quality of fantastic. My question would upgrading our Sky + box to HD (and £10 month) be worth it? As I may as well make use of the better quality TV?

We only have the basic 6 mix's

Has anyone upgraded without movies / sport?

I even have an old (12 months old) Sky HD box but have been told (not from sky) that I cannot use this and just pay the £10 a month) as it needs setting up?

views good or bad please

I am on the brink of cancelling my HD as there isnt much of it to choose from and for £10 a month plus another £10 to have it on the multi room, its just not worth it in my opinion. I dont have movies or sport either.

Its worth noting though if you cancel any mixes or HD your Sky + gets wiped of any programmes that you recorded on those channels!

Depends what package you are going with and how many of those channels are available in HD I have a 1080 HD tv aswell as a HD projector and screen but use them for gaming and films more than the HD tv available. Plus i don`t feel like giving Sky another £10 a month for limited channels.

Tesco have started selling a SkyHD box, for £199 you get the box, installation and 2 months of 95% of all the channels...

I have Sky HD in the lounge and am just having it installed upstairs as well, pretty much only watch Discovery HD, it really is amazing!!!:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom