Sky Multi Room Query....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Flash

MB Enthusiast
Car
Mercs
Hi,

We have Sky Plus HD box in our living room and I am now going to upgrade to Sky multi room so that i can have Sky in my bedroom. Sky only do a basic box that does not have Sky Plus for an extra £10 per month as I do not want to pay SKY an additional £200 for another Sky Plus HD box.

As it happens I have a spare Sky HD Plus box lying about - my question is if I subscribe to Sky multi room for the basic Sky box then would it simply be a case of plug and play with the additional spare Sky Plus HD box that I have so that I can then enjoy the benefits of Sky Plus in my bedroom as well....?

If you have a quiet word with the engineer he will do it for you.;)

depending on how much of a jobsworth he is. :rolleyes:

when we moved into the house the sky guy came round on saturday (day off) and supplied and wired up an "eye" to our bedroom for cheaper than i could buy just the part from B&Q.

since then we got proper multiroom.... but the sky guy who fitted that refused to do anything other than was on his spec sheet. this was after i phoned sky telling them that i wanted the "essential multiroom" telephone cable to go outside the house and not trawl along skirting boards. they said ok, just ask the engineer when he comes.

it wasnt on his spec-sheet so he refused to do it. i had great pleasure in phoning sky back when he was up there fitting it and putting them onto the guy to tell him to do it.

depending on how much of a jobsworth he is. :rolleyes:

when we moved into the house the sky guy came round on saturday (day off) and supplied and wired up an "eye" to our bedroom for cheaper than i could buy just the part from B&Q.

since then we got proper multiroom.... but the sky guy who fitted that refused to do anything other than was on his spec sheet. this was after i phoned sky telling them that i wanted the "essential multiroom" telephone cable to go outside the house and not trawl along skirting boards. they said ok, just ask the engineer when he comes.

it wasnt on his spec-sheet so he refused to do it. i had great pleasure in phoning sky back when he was up there fitting it and putting them onto the guy to tell him to do it.

Thanks for the info there - I will ring them up and specifically specify to the Scheduleirs that I want him to run the wire under the carpet in the bedroom before the install date whichis next Sunday - I managed to negotiate a deal where install will be free and they have sold me a new triloigy box for £49 which will allow me to have Sky Plus in the bedroom and all I will pay is the stanard additional £10.25 per month - as of 01 Sept they will stop charging additional HD cost per month per additional multi room so if they do what they have promised them I will only have to pay for HD in the multi room from 14 Aug to 01 Sept but I know what a nigtmare it is for SKY to get their billing correct first time round and trying to get credit back on the account can take months from pevious experience...:rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom