Sky price increase

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Headhurts

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Mercedes GLC
I have been following the reports on this current pandemic, tragically people are losing their lives and loved ones, no doubt many will lose jobs or have their pay decreased to levels that will make it impossible to cope financially.

Imagine my surprise to open a letter from Sky announcing their latest increases along with the usual platitudes these type of letters contain.

Now of course these price increases were planned before the outbreak but Sky should have seen what was going on and stopped these going out (in my opinion anyway)

It seems to me Sky has managed a PR clanger with this.

I’m luckier than many as I have a decent pension but many people could do without this letter dropping on their floors.

What’s your opinions?

Robin

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Afraid I kicked Sky into touch a good few years ago, got fed up with the price increases and decided to go elsewhere.
Only downside is no Formula One in my house anymore, but after a year or two without it, you stop missing it and couldn't care less who won.
Not good for the sport in my opinion as fewer people have access to live races the support dwindles.

Got shut of Sky years ago, still watch their free view channel. Netflix / Amazon & free channels is enough for me.

We’ve got Sky but I’ll be honest I haven’t switched on the Sky box in over 6 months now...

Since we bought a Smart TV we have just been watching YouTube & Amazon Prime Video.

Can’t wait to cancel Sky once out of contract.

Afraid I kicked Sky into touch a good few years ago, got fed up with the price increases and decided to go elsewhere.
Only downside is no Formula One in my house anymore, but after a year or two without it, you stop missing it and couldn't care less who won.
Not good for the sport in my opinion as fewer people have access to live races the support dwindles.

With you on F1. F1, cricket and rugby were essential viewing for me until a few years ago. Got bored with the procession that F1 has become. Prefer to watch competitions where the winner is not the team with the best best technology and the human is secondary.

We gave Sky the boot a couple of years back. TBH, I don’t watch that much telly anyway, and Mrs. Gaz was paying the subscription. They put the price up once too often, and although we only had the basic package I pointed out the cost would cover her phone contract and then some, which is something far more useful (she’s welded to the damned thing like a teenager). We haven’t missed it a bit, with Freeview and catch-up. And if I want to watch a film, there’s always the 50p landfill DVD section down at the local CEX - most of what I watch is old sci-fi, so there’s choice aplenty.

Cheers,

Gaz

Typical...The Footie is cancelled...Sky up the cost

And the F1 too.

we had the same letter @Headhurts. Seeing as we only get Sky for the F1 channel we will cancel our subscription. F**k them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top tip - worth pointing out that in their small print you can cancel your Sky subscription whenever they up the price, something to do with a change of contract or something along those lines.

I was paying £85 a month but renegotiated a reduction after asking to cancel.

To be fair I watch mostly Netflix, Preim and YouTube but the other half insisted we keep Sky.

It just seems to me that at this particular time they could have delayed the increases until after the Pandemic.

With people isolating themselves the viewing figures could increase significantly so long as the viewers can afford it.

Robin

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hope BT will do the same - I switched from Sky to BT TV a couple of years ago for the footie and MotoGP, not bothered about F1 as long as we get it later on C4!

Currently also have 6 months free Amazon Prime Video, have looked at it a couple of times but trying to find anything is a mission - can't see us renewing it when the 6 months free runs out!

Hope BT will do the same - I switched from Sky to BT TV a couple of years ago for the footie and MotoGP, not bothered about F1 as long as we get it later on C4!

Currently also have 6 months free Amazon Prime Video, have looked at it a couple of times but trying to find anything is a mission - can't see us renewing it when the 6 months free runs out!
We’ve had it for years as it comes with our Amazon Prime membership, but we just can’t get on with. I’m otherwise a big fan of Amazon products and services, but not Amazon TV - it’s just not user friendly compared to other streaming services.

Like a lot of you, we kicked Sky into touch sbout 5 or 6 years ago.
Why; basic dishonesty

I miss the Discovery channels, but, beyong that, nothing.
We now run with Freesat and download or stream anything else we want to watch

My advice;
Everyone should bin Sky and bin Virgin, this way, F1 and footy will return to the free to view channels

Just a thought - I think you can get access to Sky F1 via TalkTalk TV on a monthly basis i.e. no contract

And PLEASE no flaming about TalkTalk - as far as I'm concerned they are all as bad as each other. Great when all is working, total hell when things go wrong!

"When she was good, she was very very good and when she was bad, she was HORRID!"

I am with Virgin.

I cancel it every year when they try to up price.

They ask why and I tell them that being on a pension I can not afford the new price AND it annoys me I get promotional bumf saying new customers can get a much cheaper price then me a loyal customer.

They say it will be cancelled and I will have to return their kit.

Usually within 10 days they phone me back with a better price.

I use Virgin due to the internet be cable all the way to the house.

Regards
David

I got F1 'free' with sky when I switched to HD a long while back. To be honest I am going to have a good long look at exactly what I am paying for because we hardly watch any of SKY content these days . I do not watch football , and even if I did SKY do not show all of the games anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom