Sky Q vs Sky+ HD: What's the difference and should you upgrade?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Up until now all I read was how expensive it would be, but if it really is only £1.50 more p/m on top of my full fat package then I'd have it, although it seems the initial outlay would be high

I have the low fat package, do not have a 4k TV and am annoyed enough about the £30pm it costs on top of the £142pa colour tV licence - £500pa for tV! Sky can stick Q where the sun don't shine, and when I find time to look closeley at what Freesat and BTTV have to offer, they may also be putting my Sky account there as well!

I have the low fat package, do not have a 4k TV and am annoyed enough about the £30pm it costs on top of the £142pa colour tV licence - £500pa for tV! Sky can stick Q where the sun don't shine, and when I find time to look closeley at what Freesat and BTTV have to offer, they may also be putting my Sky account there as well!

I'm sick of it too. Our sky/broadband/phone bill is £90 a month plus TV license.

Rip off Britain!

Oh damn forgot I haven't got a 4K TV so another expense!

When you try recording (on paper) what you actually watch each evening for a week or month - and how much time you waste going through the Sky program listing looking for something you want to watch - it makes the hundreds of channels on the Sky basic package a joke. We so often end up on Docs - Discovery, Eden, Nat Geo normally - 'cos there's nowt else worth watching.

My wife and I haven't watched live TV broadcast since Autumn 2013 ... Between a few hundred Blu-Rays and DVDs; over 40 TV shows (some 5-6 series) and 50 movies on iTunes; TV; BBC iPlayer; Demand5, etc, etc; not to mention some US channels (I have US iTunes account too) there is simply not enough time to watch even a fraction of what's available.

What's on tonight? Whatever we decide to watch! And no TV licence ... :thumb:

For me, with 150MB Vivid broadband connection, I'm looking forward to the forthcoming 4K UHD NowTV box in the spring.

Look interesting, how do they work?

Get an Amazon FireStick, sideload Kodi and have access to more TV than you could possibly ever watch :bannana:

I've had a T8-V2 from www.entertainmentbox.com for about a year now. With Kodi and the Wookie Wizard loaded (wookiespmc.com), free access to all the latest movies & TV shows, plus all live sports - including all PL football (even the ones not being broadcast on $ky or BT).

Best £95 I've ever spent, and the new V3S is even better for the same money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Look interesting, how do they work?

Connected to your internet router and TV, it will stream all the movies , sport and films straight to your TV with no buffering.
Takes a little understanding to get add ons set up but once up and running its brilliant.
I watched The Revenant 3 days before it was released in UK cinema.
PM me if you get one and need help setting it up and understanding how to get add ons.

Edit. Have a look on the link in the post above mine. Explains a lot about entertainment media boxes.

Last edited:
My lot here demand Sky Sports 1,2,3&4 and BT Sport for the F00tball content which I'm not bothered by.
Can you get british/european f00tball through these boxes?

My lot here demand Sky Sports 1,2,3&4 and BT Sport for the F00tball content which I'm not bothered by.
Can you get british/european f00tball through these boxes?

Yes. With the right add on every Sky and BT sport channel is available along with ESPN and foreign sports channels. The channels available are endless.

The box I linked in my first post is £35. Try it and see what you think. Its no loss really if its not for you.

+ one for a Firestick/android box

So long as you know what you're doing, all of what's mentioned for as little as 1x £35

Although streaming from PC > TV from 1channel.ch has always served me best, only thing that doesn't have is live sport/tv but the database is far superior

Piff said:
My lot here demand Sky Sports 1,2,3&4 and BT Sport for the F00tball content which I'm not bothered by. Can you get british/european f00tball through these boxes?

Everything, 3pm football the lot

Connected to your internet router and TV, it will stream all the movies , sport and films straight to your TV with no buffering.
Takes a little understanding to get add ons set up but once up and running its brilliant.
I watched The Revenant 3 days before it was released in UK cinema.
PM me if you get one and need help setting it up and understanding how to get add ons.

Edit. Have a look on the link in the post above mine. Explains a lot about entertainment media boxes.

I'll look this up, really appreciate the heads up :)

StuartK said:
I'm sick of it too. Our sky/broadband/phone bill is £90 a month plus TV license. Rip off Britain!
Mine was the same, phone them up tell them that ur going to leave them for bt
And oh what a surprise my bill is halved
5 min phone call £45 saved

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom